Multi Room DVR
nmilot
Contributor - Level 1

I've been having an extremely annoying problem with my multiroom dvr.

As it gets later in night, I often like to shut off the tv in the living room (where the DVR is located) and go to bed to finish watching whatever I had recorded.  Unfortunately, my brand new FiOS multi room dvr pretty much makes this impossible.

For example.... I watched 1 hour of a 2 hour movie in the living room, exited it, and then went to bed.  When I turned on the bedroom box, hit "resume play" and my recording starts up where I left off.  I then hit the rewind to go back a couple of minutes, the recording starts from the beginning!!!!!   Do you know how long it takes to fast forward an hour on a multi room DVR??  FOREVER!!!   When I finally get to where I want, I hit play.  The last time I did this, the screen just froze and the display of the box said "PLAY" or "PLAYING", I forget which.  I waited about 10 seconds and nothing changed.  So I hit FF and then I hit REWIND, and then BAM!!!! back to the beginning!!!!

I can't even begin to explain how frustrating this is.  It has also occured a couple of times with 1 hour programs.  ARRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I am going to spend an hour on the phone with tech support tomorrow, they will get nowhere with me, and then end up sending me a new box.  I've already had one box replaced in the living room, I've only had the service for less than two months!!!!!!1   ARRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message Edited by Jonathan_K on 02-23-2009 08:15 PM
0 Likes
Re: Multi Room DVR
matcarl
Master - Level 1
The multiroom DVR is filled with bugs like that. It's been like this for over a year now, hopefully one day they'll get around to fixing it.
0 Likes
nmilot
Contributor - Level 1
Fast forwarding is a nightmare.  I tested it this morning.  It takes 3 minutes to fast forward through 20 minutes of programming from my bedroom box.   THREE MINUTES???????  When I go to bed at night I just want to relax and watch a little TV.  Instead, FiOS has my blood pressure going through the roof!
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
ok this may help you from freezing it up try this: When your fastforwarding only fast forward 30 min then play for a few secs then FF again do this in increments of 30 min and it won't freeze. It is something that In know is being addressed. I do know that this is extremely annoying and apologise for that but it will be fixed.
0 Likes