Music Choice keeps dropping?
Rushfan3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I generally listen to Music Choice in the morning as my TV in my bedroom isn't a smart tv, and sometimes, the shows on the radio are garbage. (Repeated songs over and over.) In the past three days, I have had an interruption of all of the Music Choice stations. I went on to check to see if there was maybe an outage of the stations on Music Choice's website, and they were streaming perfectly.

So I ask, why the heck are the channels dropping their connection, wny can the troubleshooter or the STB reboot not recover the channels, and what can I do to stop it from continuing?

0 Likes
Re: Music Choice keeps dropping?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What do you mean dropping?

Are the coming in and out or just going away?

Do you have more than 1 TV? If so, does it happen on all of them?

If just the one, try checking coax connections to make sure they are all tight.

Try swapping boxes around to see if problem follows box or that connection.

0 Likes
Rushfan3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Usually sometime in the AM, I'm going to say between 6 and 10 am, all of the Music Choice channels stop responding by going quiet, come back as having an error, troubleshoot, and then ask for a reboot on the STB. I really don't know if it's happening on any of the other TVs because by the time I checked to see if it was just Music Choice or if it was something else, it was back, keeping in mind that it takes me about a couple of minutes for my decrepit bones to get from my bedroom to the living room's remote.

Everything is brand new as far as connections, because my services were hooked up no more than 6 weeks ago. As a matter of fact, we had to troubleshoot one of the boxes while the service tech was here to hook us up because it wasn't working properly, and I was given a different box for my bedroom than in the other rooms of the house. (The ones in the living room and back bedroom both have the time on them, whereas mine doesn't have a display at all.)

I noticed that today, it took it about 35 minutes before it was back on, and personally I'm not impressed with that.  

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Its important to know if it is happeneing on other STB.
That will help narrow down if it is just to your bedroom connection or something more common.

When you say brand new, did they run all new coax, or use existing?

0 Likes
Rushfan3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I apologize for the lengthy delay on the reply to this, but today's the first day I've been able to settle down to take care of any responses because of being backlogged by two days, thanks to losing power twice.

It was going on in just my front room's box, but it resolved itself it seems. I don't know what was going on, but it seems fine now. It might have been from the fact that we lost power about a week before that briefly, because we lost power again, though this time was for a lengthier time.

As for the brand new wiring, the tech ran new wiring because this house is completely brand new, custom built. He had to drill for new wiring and all. (He was here for the full 3 hours and 45 minutes that they told me it would be.)

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes