Music Stations audio cuts out
notlevel

While listening to music stations, the audio cuts out. This happens sporadically,could happen every 3-5 minutes or happens twice an hour. Box has been reset many times, have spent hours on phone with Verizon.

Ready to smash the box.

This happens only on music stations, TV stations are OK

Anyone in this forum can help me?

0 Likes
Re: Music Stations audio cuts out
hoopitup2000

I have been getting the same thing here in Centreville, VA for a few days. I have timed the dropouts & they occur every minute & 25 seconds. The TV channels will drop out on occasion, but the music channels cut out regularly. Same issue w/ all boxes (1 500 gig DVR & 2 SD boxes)

Sounds like time for a service call!! (Argh!!)

0 Likes
MPA1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just went thru several phone calls with tech support yesterday for this issue:  music channels only have audio drop-outs.  I noted the times over the course of a bit more than 90 minutes using a clock synchronized to the clock signal broadcast from Colorado.  I had two drop-outs within the same minute and sometimes 20+ minutes without a drop-out.  There was no discernable pattern but it's extremely annoying. It occurs on the several music channels I tested but not on regular video channels.  I imagine the problem is with the source, not our STBs.  It would be enlightening if Verizon would capture the time-series output and see if it shows signal drop-outs.  Are you listening Verizon?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes