My FIOS DVR complaints
Scorp1us

Largely, I am happy. However there are several things a bout the DVR that are just moronic.

1. 15 minute pause. It unpauses and resumes the live broadcast. It should keep it paused for as long as I tell it to be paused. And if it does unpause, it should resume where I paused it, not at live TV. It is moronic that I have to scan back 15 minutes.

2. The DVR doesn't buffer key strokes. I'll hit skip-skip-skip, and instead of combining them into one skip, I have to wait for it to complete each skip.

3. The GUI is unresponsive at times. I'll hit "guide" and it won't do anything. I'll hit it again, and it'll flashup and dissapear. (But NOW it seems to be buffering!? WTH?)

4. My remote/TV don't agree on volume. I have to tap the volume button repeatedly rather than hold it down to get the volume to change.

Other than that, I am happy.

0 Likes
Re: My FIOS DVR complaints
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Regarding number 4

4. My remote/TV don't agree on volume. I have to tap the volume button repeatedly rather than hold it down to get the volume to change.

Try using a different code for your TV manufacturer.  When I originally purchased my Samsung TV I had the same issue and tried a different code.  Now I can hold the volume up or down to adjust.

Jim

0 Likes
Geo7163

Having the same issue.  The only problem is with the new remote (Verizon P265) only one code per manufacturer is provided.  And I cant get it to find another one manually either.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

On #1 -- if you're not recording another show, try hitting the "record" button before pausing.   This will start recording the show to disk and while I'm not sure if the pause will come off after 15 minutes or not, it does allow picking up anytime after then button was hit until the end of the current show.   Not perfect, but might give you a workaround.

On #4, when programming the remote and doing the channel + thing to find the code which turns the TV off, as you're searching, the first time the TV turns "off", quickly turn the TV back on manually and then continue pressing the channel + button as if the set didn't turn off the first time until the set turns off again (or depending on the model of the TV skip turning the TV back on manually and keep pressing the channel button until the TV turns back on via the remote).      That should cause the remote to find one of the secondary codes for the set where the volume may then work as expected.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
0729 works really well for the newer Samsung.

Also if your menu is slightly unresponsive try disabling sd override. Menu > settings > video settings > SD override. And turn it off. If its already off, then set it to 480i
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Sorry didn't realize u had the two button remote. Lasagna's trick will work nicely for that one.
0 Likes