My FIOS Mobile iPad App plays perfectly, but no airplay?
John123

My FIOS Mobile iPad App plays perfectly, but no airplay?

The ipad screen is pretty small so I bought one of those Apple TV boxes ($99) to use Airplay and "Mirror" to a 15 inch monitor. From my iPad the Mirroring works perfectly fine, BUT not with the FIOS Mobile App active. Some message appears on the Apply TV saying not available.

Is this some sort of content restriction imposed by Verozon FIOS?

If I instead bought the $49 cable for iPad port to HDMI (or cable Ipad to VGA) would I then be able to view FIOS Mobile App on an external monitor?

Any hints appreciated....

0 Likes
Re: My FIOS Mobile iPad App plays perfectly, but no airplay?
John123

A friend in the VZ store told me it's not an Apple imposed restriction, it's Verizon....   Verizon wrote the app    They want us to rent $$ more set top boxes....  that's a crappy policy.... 

0 Likes
Re: My FIOS Mobile iPad App plays perfectly, but can't mirror or airplay, interesting!!!!
Oddjob1
This is complete greed in my opinion!!!
I pay over $130 per month to verizon to have access to the channels that I enjoy.
Are you telling me that verizon is so greedy that they purposely block my mobile Fios apps ability to show or be mirrored through my Apple TV?
**bleep**? With $130 per month , I should have easy access to what I've paid for for any device without being blocked out!!!
How do I know this is a verizon decision? Because everything (I mean every app on my ipad is able to be mirrored except the one that I want to use the most). You guessed it. Verizon Fios mobile app.
Thanks a lot for this **bleep**.
I guess I need to look for a replacement service soon.
Congratulations but you will not get that extra $10 a month from me.
0 Likes
Re: My FIOS Mobile iPad App plays perfectly, but can't mirror or airplay, interesting!!!!
neworder
Yes it's the Greed, they took down the FIOS app on all smart TV, there is no way to watch the FIOS tv without renting their box.
0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@neworder wrote:
Yes it's the Greed, they took down the FIOS app on all smart TV, there is no way to watch the FIOS tv without renting their box.

And it's not true.  I checked with the lead for the FiOS Mobile app team and it is a licensing issue from the content providers.  Verizon hopes to allow Air Play (and Chromecast casting too) in the future, but this has to first be negotiated with the content providers.

And the SmartTV app (I'll presume you mean the one on Samsung devices) broke last Fall when the underlying encryption method had to be quickly changed due to a huge security hole impacting a number of operating systems not just SmartTV and Verizon's delivery servers.  Samsung has announced that the app is being patched so that it can again be available.

0 Likes
SheaWade

Let me tell Fios something.  I haven't been impressed.  The sales plan told us they were going to have a wireless box like DirecTV.  Well, the guy that hooked it up said to bad for you guys the sales man didn't know what he was talking about because they scrapped that idea months ago.  They have yet to bury the 150 yard cable that runs down my drive way and across two neighbors yard.  

When we heard about the app, we thought we would be able to mirror it to our TV that we put outside when we have Football parties.  Can someone from Fios tell me why I can't mirror?  Let's see how long it take for them to respond.  I bet they never will.  I want to talk to the CEO.  However, you got get his email address.  Can someone from FIOS pass this along to the CEO.  

When I called about the cable, I gave them all my information.  Then they transfered me and wanted it again.  I told them they should have gotten it from the first person.  Why do they need to verify who I am.  I gave them my name and they pulled it up.  All I need is FIOS to come out and bury my line.  

I am about to drop Verizon phone and Cable.  Why do I need you guys?  You can't keep up with your competitors.

Your remote is so slow you can count to 5 before it brings up the guide.

You have my phone number.  I'm waiting on the phone call.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes