My recorded shows and recordings are gone?
rjc5274

I got "upgraded" to the new guide last night.  This morning my DVR is showing 18% full (my old recordings) but the DVR keeps telling me that I have no recordings nor any scheduled recordings.  Is there something I need to do to see my recordings from "pre-upgrade"???

Thanks,

Rob

0 Likes
Re: My recorded shows and recordings are gone?
pacia
Enthusiast - Level 2

same story here...33% full...lost all recordings!!..unbelievable!

0 Likes
AnnJ11
Contributor - Level 3

It happened to me, too.  There was a line above "Recordings" on the DVR menu that said "Refresh devices."  When I clicked on that, everything came back.

Many bizarre things are happening since the "upgrade."  I was watching TV while it happened, and everything stopped working for about an hour.  It would have been nice to have some warning!  Many things are working only sporadically now: I get messages saying I don't have DVR capability for widgets; I periodically lose all DVR functions...I have to assume that all will be corrected  quickly!

0 Likes
cherot1
Refresh Devices didn't work for me. All my recordings and Series subscriptions are gone. I've been on hold with Verizon support for 52 minutes now.
0 Likes
gbenj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you get anywhere with support? i'm on hold for them right now. SO upset that this happened with ZERO warning. 

0 Likes
stardusttvc15
Enthusiast - Level 1

This also happened to me without warning.  Spoke with tech support last night and after a few signals sent, I knew I wasn't getting back my recordings.  I am not happy.  I was told by Verizon Fios, that there is a "local news channel" for my area, Brooklyn, NY....well guess what, another lie.  The local news channel is for Long Island. I switched from Optimum in October and thinking about switching back.  

We were never told that this would happen.  I am going to contact   Customer Service today....wish me luck!

0 Likes
gbenj
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told via twitter to power cylce my box...I'm not at home but will try it when I get home tonight, I can't see how that will fix the problem but I'll hold off calling and complaining until I give that a try.

stardusttvc15
Enthusiast - Level 1

I "power cycled" with the tech last night.......still don't have my recordings.

0 Likes
gbenj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did they give you any explanation or offer you any compensation for your troubles?

The same thing happened to two DVRs in my apt, Ive been thrilled with FiOS, but a gaffe like this is unnaceptable in my opinion. 

0 Likes
stardusttvc15
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was speaking with a Tech guy, he had no explanation for me.  He did say that he was sure we knew this might happen and then said that some people didn't lose anything on their DVR's. 

When I asked what FIOS could do for me, he said he is in the Tech department and couldn't do anything.  He could have switched me to Customer service, however, at that point I really needed to get off the phone.

0 Likes