My Standard STB keeps cutting out and restarting
GHouse7

One of my set top boxes keeps cutting out and restarting itself. It'll work just fine, yet for no reason it will suddenly switch to static. Then, it will go black, and in a few seconds, the FIOS screen will appear, saying that it is installing initial downloads. TV will then resume just fine, but within a span of five minutes or so, it will do the exact same thing all over again. Sometimes it will last longer than five minutes, sometimes it's less. I've checked all of the cables and connections, but nothing seems to be broken on my end. 

Has this happened to anyone else? 

0 Likes
Re: My Standard STB keeps cutting out and restarting
kciolek

Yes.Mine have been doing this since the most recent upgrade in November. Very annoying, mine reboots 4 or 5 times. I've contacted support and they were no help. THey had me pull the cables, they did a reset on their side. It was good for about 1/2 day and right back the the rebooting. I called again today and their next step was to replace the box, which isn't an option. Everything was fine until the upgrade now you want to replace the box. I lose all the tv showsmovies that we're saving. They are pushing these VMS boxes right now. Oh they also did a firware reset today, we'll see if that helps but not holding my breath. Next step is to contact Optimum and go back to their service.

Good luck....

0 Likes