Need fix for wireless HDMI kit: Actiontec MyWirelessTV
Ching

I connected a second wireless receiver to the kit and updated all of the firmware on the new hardware.

When I connected the second wireless receiver to my existing set up, I received a picture on all 3 TVs briefly and then a big BLUE banner on all TVs indicating "THE HD CONTENT OF YOUR REPEATER HAS BEEN COMPROMISED.....  <couldn't get any more than that before all pictures went scrambled>.

I read that there is a potential problem with how the Motorola 7000 Series are interpreting the HDCP protocol;  Something about throttling to max 2 connections when the technical specification calls for 7......

Others have said that a simple update to the firmware/version of the DVR/STB will fix it;  However, I'm already running 1.9.1.

Does anyone have a solution to fix my problem?

I guess a solution is to run a dedicated HDMI cable out to the TVs but if the system is going to throttle at 2, then i'm still anticipating the same problem with the choke point.

Technical Details:

Motorola DVR:                        7232-2

STB Model per the widget:   7216

STB Software:                         1.9.1

Actiontec MyWireless TV:      MWTV200KIT-01

Actiontec Receiver:                 MWTV200R   (all running same firmware version and latest from Actiontec)

0 Likes
Re: Need fix for wireless HDMI kit: Actiontec MyWirelessTV
Ching

here is a cut/paste from the ActionTec support page:

Why is my TV flickering, displaying distorted colors, or not able to get video and audio on both TVs?

Certain Cable/FiOS Set top boxes and DVR boxes are limited to only 1 downstream HDCP (high-bandwidth digital-content protection) device that they can connect too. This means that devices like MyWirelessTV, A/V Receiver, or Google TV, HDMI repeaters/switches that are strictly adhering to the HDCP requirements cannot legally pass video to the display. You can call your Service Provider and describe the "HDMI repeater/switch" related issue, and request a free firmware update. Or As an alternative you could also request that the Service Provider replace the HD Cable or FiOS STB/DVR box, with a model that can support repeater mode.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

I would say that since the device is only on the Actiontec site http://www.actiontec.com/products/prod_cat.php , and HDMI is copy protected with the copy protection bit set, you may be having an issue with copy protection. I have not seen this as an advertised  supported product for use with FiOS, so it may just not work. Even though Verizon does use the Actiontec routers, they do not support all of the Actiontec products in various configurations.

I would also say you need to consult with Actiontec, and see if they support the product for use with Verizon, and the HDMI copy protection in use, if they are not partnering with Verizon to support the use of this product. I would say it probably will not work. Now on another thought, there may be plans for support in the near future, but your guess is as good as mine.

Good luck and keep us updated if you find out more info, or make it work.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

That is an old response from actiontec, they fixed that HDCP thing with the set top boxes with IMG 1.8  we are now on img 1.9.    they increased it to 8 devices. 

We had a similiar issue with Google TV when it came out and the HDCP thing. 

Google TV (and other HDMI devices)

Also, everything is set to copy freely except for HBO and Cinemax and Video on demand according to TiVO users and other cable card users that are concerned with the copy bit protection that Verizon Passes through.

are you using hdmi 3 or 4 cables? 

Also, I would just run them in parallel if the repeater isn't working.  If you have a free port, then I would do that. 

Ching

Hmmm....

RE:  CABLES  

Truth:  I think/know the HDMI cables i have used are whatever I had in the wire bin plus whatever came with the kit...

I do have some MediaBridge that are Category 2 Certified. 

I'm not seeing anything that talks about '3' or '4'....   I guess i'll have to research what you guys are referring to.

RE:  RUNNING IN PARALLEL

The transmitter only has a 'through' connection to hardwire to local TV (closest to DVR).....   there aren't any other outlets to run separate connections so this really isn't like a traditional splitter (I may not be following your question).

>>>>>>Hardwire connection to local TV

Looks like       DVR OUT  >>>TRANSMITTER>

+_+_+_+Wireless connection to remote TV1 via ActionTec Receiver1

+-+-+-+-+Wireless connection #2 to remote TV2 via actiontec Receiver2

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

i meant hdmi 1.2 vs hdmi 1.3   I think you may need hdmi 1.3 to do the more devices, but I am not 100% on that.  

1.2 'may' work    but I think it's a possibility   I'm pretty sure 1.3 cables are needed for 3d TV 

0 Likes
Ching

just swapped all cables with high speed HDMI Cables that are category 2 certified (by MediaBridge);  the box says that they are

+all 3D Display Formats

Audio Return Channel

Increased Refresh Rates

Transmission speeds of 340MHZ or up to 10.2GBPS Bandwidth

Bidirectional ethernet w/ 100MBS Full Duplex andwidth

didn't think this would turn into a cable exercise but sufficient to say that swapping out did nothing for me.  Still getting the message.

+Still not sure if Category 2 = 1.2 or what that means exactly;  The whole wire thing appears to be a bunch of *&*&S*

0 Likes