Need Media Server for Live TV streaming to iPad?
NYCFiOS2016
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, all.  I am a new FiOS internet/TV subscriber with the Quantum router 100/100 and a regular (non-DVR) set top box.

A question: do you need to have the Media Server set top box in order to stream all your channels Live to mobile devices through the FiOS Mobile app?

I can only get a subset of channels through FiOS Mobile app even when I am on my home network (but the app clearly knows I am at home as I don't get the "connect to your in home Fios wi-fi network for more channels" banner).

Just wanted to understand if I need different equipment to solve this.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Need Media Server for Live TV streaming to iPad?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your asking peers.

You can stream many channels to your IPAD without a media server.  This streaming is direct from the various channel providers although most require that you be subscribers, in this case signing on with your verizon id and password.

If you have a VMS (quantum TV service) you should be able to stream all the channels from that server.

View solution in original post

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your asking peers.

You can stream many channels to your IPAD without a media server.  This streaming is direct from the various channel providers although most require that you be subscribers, in this case signing on with your verizon id and password.

If you have a VMS (quantum TV service) you should be able to stream all the channels from that server.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Didn't think you could stream channels to other devices unless you have the right software.

And I I haven't seen anything that works other than ps4

0 Likes