Network connection error - Audio/Video lock failure
birdistasty

Since the update on Thursday morning, we've had a 50-50 chance of getting to see anything on-demand.  We will pretty consistently get this error, especially when trying to view any of the broadcast recordings (specifically, anything on the NBC section).  Today, I wasn't able to watch things that I had DVRed, because I kept getting the same error.  After repeatedly trying, I finally was able to get ONE episode of Yo Gabba Gabba to play, but after that was over, the TV stayed a blank screen for a while (the other half says all he did was hit channel up, and it went away).  And I was not able to get anything else to play, much to my daughter's dismay (I'm still upset that Verizon removed Boohbahs from the Sprout on-demand section, but that's a whole other issue).

We've tried turning the box off, waiting a little while, then turning it on.  Still didn't work.  We've unplugged the box, waiting about five minutes - still nothing.  We tried restarting the router (since it said it was a network connection error, that seemed to make sense to me) - still not working.

Anyone else having any problems with this?  Anyone have any helpful pointers?  I can't, personally, call the tech support line because it's not my service (the service is in my father-in-law's name, and they're not due to come home until Monday night).

0 Likes
Re: Network connection error - Audio/Video lock failure
birdistasty
Anyone have any tips?  I still get this issue every now and then, but my father-in-law says it's not worth calling Verizon Tech Support over, since it only happens occasionally.
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
I'll be honest with you as a consumer myself. I would want Verizon to fix my equipment. Please call in so that we can get a record of the event and we might be able to resolve the conflict. 888-553-1555
0 Likes
birdistasty
Techman, thanks for your response.  Unfortunately, as I said, my father-in-law has no desire to call and complain about this (it hasn't affected him yet, and he hates dealing with the customer service reps).  Am I able to call in lieu of him, using his account information?
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
I would be more than happy to assist in this particular issue you will need to pm me the info to contact you and then I will be able to assist.
0 Likes
barbsbrigade
I have this same error "Network Connection Failure" when I am watching one of my Media Manager slide shows.  Could these two problems be related?  I have not been able to find any messages pertaining to NCF errors with the Media Manager.
0 Likes