Re: New customers still receiving QIP6416-2
KenWVT1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm a new customer and I had the same problem. I had a 500 gb DVR from Comcast and told the sales rep for Verizon that I would not switch unless I could have the same thing. Sales assured me that I would get the 7232, she wrote it in the sales order. So when the installer came i asked him what color the dvr box was and he says "silver" . I think i must have turned purple. He saw that I was upset and promised to go back to the office to get me the box i was promised. This was after he had a long chat with someone on the phone who obviously didn't care.

Bottom line is I got the 500 gb dvr, but not without some aggravation. This should not have happened. The installers should be given both types of boxes, give the silver to people who don't care.

-Ken

0 Likes
greg_m5
Enthusiast - Level 2

KenWVT - Verizon is scheduled to do our install this morning and I am very curious to see what boxes the installer brings. I'm not exactly thrilled with the idea of fighting to get what we were promised when I scheduled the installation. Hopefully this won't be an issue. If we can't get the 7232's I will most likely cancel the installation and try again in later this year.

I am not sure how Verizon gets around this issue legally, since it is similar to a bait and switch if they don't deliver what they promised, but I would guess that Verizon would say that all DVR's are the same.

0 Likes
greg_m5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update: The installer just called and told me that he is on his way. I asked what DVR's he is installing and he replied "2 "New" 500gb Cisco boxes that have the 1.9 software factory installed" - and that they were just released in this area this month.

I don't know anything about new 500gb Cisco DVR's and I thought 1.9 was on hold???

0 Likes
KenWVT1
Enthusiast - Level 3

wow sounds like you are a lucky fella !!

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@greg_m5 wrote:

Update: The installer just called and told me that he is on his way. I asked what DVR's he is installing and he replied "2 "New" 500gb Cisco boxes that have the 1.9 software factory installed" - and that they were just released in this area this month.

I don't know anything about new 500gb Cisco DVR's and I thought 1.9 was on hold???

1.9 for Motorola boxes is on hold, however Cisco boxes (wherever they are bing deployed) are all running 1.9 regardless of the VHO.  The Cisco boxes are slowly becoming available in areas besides the initial release in Buffalo and the SE PA area (recently added).  I don't have one so I've probably said more than I know Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes
greg_m5
Enthusiast - Level 2

The 2 DVR's Verizon installed are Cisco 435 HDC's and they do have 1.9 installed. The installer told me that they have 500gb hard drives (but I haven't figured out how to check that) and he told me that you can use an external SATA drive. The multiroom function seem to be working for each box. The remotes are P265v2's.

Coming over from DirecTV, it will take some time to get used to the menus, but so far so good : )

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

My neighbor just made the switch to VZ Fios and received the new Motorola 7323 box.  I told them to make sure to request that box.  The technician called to tell them he was on his way and my neighbor asked if they are getting the 7323.  The guy said ok but he will have to run to the office to get one and would be an hour later.  My neighbor is very pleased with the 7323 and is one happy VZ customer.

0 Likes