new guide -- how do you program dvr if you can't see more than a day, & more
ekelks1
Contributor - Level 1

First, all I get is one day's worth of programming. How do you advance to 13 days  like we used to be able to do? Second, where is the information so we can read about how to do it? Third, why does the guide mode keep popping back to All channels after I've selected favorites? Fourth, why do I need a third of the screen taken up by the guide legend? It's so big it slows everything down.

0 Likes
Re: new guide -- how do you program dvr if you can't see more than a day, & more
irbrenda
Contributor - Level 1

I don't know.  All I know is I just hate hate hate it.  What was the sense of this?  Now where I had non HD channels in the 140-210 range, I have those gross black bars on top.  Finally learned how to get rid of them and now they're back.  I called FIOS to see if I can revert to the old guide and I can't.  SEARCH is not working yet either.  They said it's not working as of now.  It's 6:53 EST now.

0 Likes
Re: new guide -- how do you program dvr if you can't see more than a day, & more
ekelks1
Contributor - Level 1

Twiiter @VerizonSupport sent me a link on notes about the product, so we can at least read about it:  http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-at-Home/FiOS-TV-Interactive-Media-Guide-1-9-Release-Notes/ba-p/...

But boy I also hate it. Don't fix what's not broken. 'Next' & 'previous' buttons no longer flipping from one day to the next infuriates me. It will take so much longer to see what I want. I have to keep pressing the right forward button to go through the week, The assumption that we can see more on the screen is fallacious. I feel like I see so much less.

The only way to avoid the giant info bar at the bottom seems to be to press in the actual channel number.

My carpal tunnel is not happy. And I can't believe I'm actually considering returning to my old cable system, which I dearly hated, because of this.

0 Likes
ekelks1
Contributor - Level 1

OK, @VerizonSupport guy said use FF & RW buttons to flip day to day in guide sceen. I had to press really hard but it does work.

Next, how to lose PIP space-waster in full screen guide so we can actually see more than an hour and a half at a time?

0 Likes
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

@ekelks wrote:

@ok, @VerizonSupport guy said use FF & RW buttons to flip day to day in guide sceen. I had to press really hard but it does work.

Next, how to lose PIP space-waster in full screen guide so we can actually see more than an hour and a half at a time?

It sounds like you are using the guide in 4:3 mode, either because you are running it on a SD television or you have a 6-series set-top box. If it is the latter, consider upgrading to a 7-series set-top box. You can do this for free at any Verizon FiOS Store. The 7-series boxes support 16:9 guide view on HDTVs, which allows you to see two and a half hours of listings on the full-screen guide.

UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

@bonibee wrote:

I don't know. All I know is I just hate hate hate it. What was the sense of this? Now where I had non HD channels in the 140-210 range, I have those gross black bars on top. Finally learned how to get rid of them and now they're back. I called FIOS to see if I can revert to the old guide and I can't. SEARCH is not working yet either. They said it's not working as of now. It's 6:53 EST now.

You can press the # button on your remote to change the picture zoom format on SD channels. This will allow you to zoom the picture in to remove the letterboxing.

0 Likes
ekelks1
Contributor - Level 1

I'm too old to enjoy HD TV. I like SD with wide-screen. But thanks for the explanation. I tried the HD guide & the type is too small to read. Pressing the # sign to change anything doesn't work but it looks like I need a new remote because I can't work the FF RW without disfiguring my thumb. Maybe it'll work when I get tha

0 Likes