New guide too slow. Makes watching TV so irritating.
tavlorkd
Enthusiast - Level 1

I never thought watching TV could be so irritating.  Ever since the new guide went live it is so frustrating.

It takes at least 1-2 minutes to even be able to change the channel.  It takes at least 1-2 minutes to get a recorded show to play and it takes at least 5 minutes to get anything to play on ON Demand.  Usually we just give up. 

I have called VZ support 3 times and spent at least 2 hours on the phone.  We have received new (refurbished/recycled) boxes twice and new remotes.  This made no differerence what so ever.

We have had FiOS for years and have always loved it and never had an issue.  I sure hope this is resolved soon.

Anyone else having the same issue or have any advice?

Re: New guide too slow. Makes watching TV so irritating.
mikushie
Enthusiast - Level 2

not a fan of new software either.  needs to be replaced.

0 Likes
jgrabo1
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new guide is really bad. Bring back the old one.

Tamara502
I agree. It is so slow.
0 Likes
Fios_VA

I also have same issues.  Just changed my DVR and also got new Remote from FIOS.  Still have problem with my guide. Extremely slow!!!!   Very frustrating!!!    If there are no improvment soon, I may have to ditch FIOS and try Cox.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

Something must be wrong with the load if you're experiencing slow performance after the new IMG was installed.  For me, the STB responds much more quickly than before the update.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes