New Linksys Router, no guide
NateHoll

I recently replaced my FiOS router with a Linksys. I followed the guide that’s posted to these forums, including releasing the DHCP lease for the quantum gateway router.

my wifi is working Great, and the FiOS quantum gateway router is definitely broadcasting an old SS ID. I’m able to connect to that SSID, and then connect to 192.168.1.1 which takes me to the fios router.  I have tried to turn off the HCP and set it to a static IP address, I have released and unplug the router numerous times, but I am still able to connect to the router using this address. My Linksys app shows the router is being off-line, even though it is hardwired from the Linksys router to the WAN port of the Fios Quantum Router.  

I currently have cable television, and as I mentioned our wireless Internet is working fine through the Linksys router… But we have no channel guide. I’m sure this is a DNS or DHCP issue but I cannot get the FiOS router to stop trying to request 192.168.1.1.  The linksys showed it as 192.168.1.44 when connected… which is only shows for a moment after rebooting, before showing offline again.

Am I missing A step somewhere with this router in trying to release the DHCP lease and IP address? What other settings need to be set within the router for it to use a static IP address?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Linksys Router, no guide
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it is FIOS TV One (or what ever it called ex FIOS One TV), you must use their NAT router as the primary NAT router and you can only either have:

a) The WAN port of the Linksys Connected to a LAN port of their NAT router. Warning Double NATTED.

b) The LAN IP of the Linksys with-in the same subnet as the their NAT router, the DHCP Server in the Linksys must be disabled and lastly you are to use one of the LAN ports of the Linksys to connect to a LAN port of their NAT router. This means for example: Their NAT router at 192.168.1.1/24 and the Linksys at 192.168.1.6/24. By /24, I mean the subnet is 255.255.255.0 (and with a max of 254 IP Addresses from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254).

Note about those options, someone may correct me and say only option b works.

Since I do not and never had FIOS (including FIOS TV), the info is only based upon what I read/heard.

View solution in original post

Re: New Linksys Router, no guide
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it is FIOS TV One (or what ever it called ex FIOS One TV), you must use their NAT router as the primary NAT router and you can only either have:

a) The WAN port of the Linksys Connected to a LAN port of their NAT router. Warning Double NATTED.

b) The LAN IP of the Linksys with-in the same subnet as the their NAT router, the DHCP Server in the Linksys must be disabled and lastly you are to use one of the LAN ports of the Linksys to connect to a LAN port of their NAT router. This means for example: Their NAT router at 192.168.1.1/24 and the Linksys at 192.168.1.6/24. By /24, I mean the subnet is 255.255.255.0 (and with a max of 254 IP Addresses from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254).

Note about those options, someone may correct me and say only option b works.

Since I do not and never had FIOS (including FIOS TV), the info is only based upon what I read/heard.