New model DVR VMS1100 is 2 steps up and 3 steps back compared to QIP7232 DVR
schwit
Enthusiast - Level 2

The vms1100 youtube capability plus being able to simultaneously record and watch more than 2 channels is a huge positive

But the vms1100 UI has too many drawbacks compared to the older QIP7232

The vms1100 skip function is broken and has been for 3+ years according to the verizon forums. It should just skip, without the annoying time popup and progress bar.

The QIP7232 guide/favorites is color coded. This is a significant step backwards.
The QIP7232 made adding/removing favorites in bulk easy.

Verizon still has no solution for moving existing recordings to a new DVR.
It's 2022 and the Verizon DVR still can't record sporting events based on which team is playing. A feature I had with DirecTV 20 years ago.

I have to ship one of the DVRs back within 30 days. It will probably be the VMS1100 that gets returned.

0 Likes
Re: New model DVR VMS1100 is 2 steps up and 3 steps back compared to QIP7232 DVR
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@schwit wrote:

The vms1100 youtube capability plus being able to simultaneously record and watch more than 2 channels is a huge positive

The vms1100 skip function is broken and has been for 3+ years according to the verizon forums. It should just skip, without the annoying time popup and progress bar.

The QIP7232 guide/favorites is color coded. This is a significant step backwards.

It's 2022 and the Verizon DVR still can't record sporting events based on which team is playing. A feature I had with DirecTV 20 years ago.

I have to ship one of the DVRs back within 30 days. It will probably be the VMS1100 that gets returned.

How did you get a VMS 1100 recently? The current boxes are 4100 series boxes, the 1100 is a legacy box. You should be getting 4100 boxes as replacements.

0 Likes
Re: New model DVR VMS1100 is 2 steps up and 3 steps back compared to QIP7232 DVR
schwit
Enthusiast - Level 2

The 1100 is what verizon sent me. I sent it back. The UI is one frustration after another.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@clem53 wrote:

@schwit wrote:

How did you get a VMS 1100 recently? The current boxes are 4100 series boxes, the 1100 is a legacy box. You should be getting 4100 boxes as replacements.

Verizon is currently doing a legacy to vms1100 conversion. Customers are getting 1100 upgrades without the upgrade or installation fee. 

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Edg1 wrote:

@clem53 wrote:

@schwit wrote:

Verizon is currently doing a legacy to vms1100 conversion. Customers are getting 1100 upgrades without the upgrade or installation fee. 

I guess they found something to do with the old hardware they have laying around.

0 Likes