New Quantum install, same old stuff
gritz_1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Signed up for Quantum with the "up to 12" show recording.

Lost EVERYTHING on the DVR - EVERYTHING!!!!

Took 2 weeks to get all the information back in place (all recorded shows gone, no series information, no favorites, etc.) 

After all setup (favorites, series) we realized we did not need the second DVR and 6 channel recording would be fine. Called Verizon yesterday and this is what Matt did:

(edited to comply with the guidelines)

Went to watch a recorded show today - ALL RECORDED SHOWS GONE, FAVORITES GONE, SERIES GONE, ALL SETTINGS GONE.

Called Verizon tech support - "...sorry, nothing we can do..."

Actually there's something you CAN do  - Matt can be reprimanded for screwing up a customers system.

I cannot access the STB via the Verizon website, says box is unresponsive, cannot add shows, etc.

I exported all settings last time this happened (2 weels ago) and now those settinsg are gone - why? Support has no idea. 

I have been a Verison FIOS customer since it arrived in NJ and a Verizon/Bell customer for over 40 years.

1. Stop treating your customer base (the people who make you money) like crap. We deserve MORE than a new customer, not less. Charge me $40 for self installation? Are you serious?

2. If you come out with a product (say, like Quantum) how about testing it for all the little quirks in your system BEFORE you sell it - like recorded shows, favorites, series entered, etc. This would have saved us all time. By the way, did you mention my extended drive would NOT work on the new Quantum box as you were selling me how great the service was? No, you did not, so there is $180 I wasted on an external drive for my previous box, not to mention the loss of tons of specially kept shows.

3. Do what you say you are going to do - Technician today said he would transfer my call to Sales - he did, promptly got a busy signal and a disconnect. How utterly embarassing - the company that basically "invented" the telephone cannot get a call transferred? He asked my number in case we got disconnected - did I get a call back? No.

I'm very tired of all the excuses and apologies, and I'm positive after reading through some of the forums I am NOT the only one.

I LOVE the FIOS service, have since day 1 - it is a afr superior product than our local cable company. 

I will "warn" Verizon though - if you cannot make your long term, above average paying customers happy, you are going to lose the base Verizon worked so long to get. If your people cannot service your customers, this is on YOU for training and support.

Oh, and your phone system? Don't be surprised if on the future people start talking about the FIOS support like the Cablevision support. Average, TEN MINUTES to go through the menu and connect to a person...sad. 

0 Likes
Re: New Quantum install, same old stuff
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes