New scrolling issues with Guide
Bailsberg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Definitely a problem that has popped up in past few weeks: When scrolling through Guide, either one line at a time or page at a time, every so often the Guide stops responding to the remote.  If you're patient and wait about 10 seconds, it responds.  Typically, in frustration you push on the remote several more times and when the Guide wakes up you're 50 channels away from where you last were.

This is NOT a problem with batteries or gunk in the remote keys as it happens exactly the same whether I'm using my Fios remote, my Harmony remote, or the Samsung smart remote.

Verizon, please look into this.  Thanks.

P.S. My media server is a VMS1100 and the unit I'm controlling via remote is an IPC1100P2 in another room.  Both boxes exhibit the exact same problem

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New scrolling issues with Guide
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Bailsberg wrote:

Definitely a problem that has popped up in past few weeks: When scrolling through Guide, either one line at a time or page at a time, every so often the Guide stops responding to the remote.  If you're patient and wait about 10 seconds, it responds.  Typically, in frustration you push on the remote several more times and when the Guide wakes up you're 50 channels away from where you last were.

This is NOT a problem with batteries or gunk in the remote keys as it happens exactly the same whether I'm using my Fios remote, my Harmony remote, or the Samsung smart remote.

P.S. My media server is a VMS1100 and the unit I'm controlling via remote is an IPC1100P2 in another room.  Both boxes exhibit the exact same problem

The 1100 series boxes are old, slower less-capable boxes than the 4100 series. The more data intense guides work far better on the newer boxes than the older ones. More RAM and faster processors help a lot with responsiveness. Maybe its time you looked at upgrading.......

View solution in original post

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Bailsberg wrote:

The 1100 series boxes are old, slower less-capable boxes than the 4100 series. The more data intense guides work far better on the newer boxes than the older ones. More RAM and faster processors help a lot with responsiveness. Maybe its time you looked at upgrading.......

Bailsberg
Enthusiast - Level 2

^ Ok, that's good to know.  We've had these boxes only a few years.  I wouldn't want to update if it affects my monthly bill; I'm ok with the service and price I pay now.

Anyway, I rebooted everything back to the ONT and things seem to be responding a little better.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed. Please feel free to open a new thread for further discussion. Thank you.

0 Likes