Re: New user interface is horrible!
TB_in_DC
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree, Verizon did not do us any favors when they released this new user interface. I was looking forward to it after reading the announcement. I figured since the old interface always seemed to improve with the minor updates, this new screen would be great. Wow, was I wrong. New interface makes it difficult to wade through listings, menues are unintuitive and performance seems to be a lot slower. Hope you're listening to your viewers, Verizon. Please rethink and replace this awful user guide.

Pedrooch
Enthusiast - Level 1

I could not agree more.  The new interface is absolutly horrible.  It looks like they decided, "Let's make the worst possible interface we can."  It looks as if they competly skipped system analysis and design phase, when designing a new system.  The TV guide is horrible.  The DVR menu is absolutly atrocious.  The search screen is not only too small, but works differently.  I can go on for hours, going into detail about what's wrong with each page.  I am not adverse to interface changes, I'm a system engineer, so I'm very computer literate, but this is just awful.  There is not 1 improvment over the old interface, and it's not simply my being used to the old one. 

Rynostar
Enthusiast - Level 2
Absolutely useless interface I might as well buy a TV guide all it does is try to cram vod purchases down your throat the search function is completely useless unless you know exactly what you are looking for then spell it correctly then if you get past that they try to cram more pay per view down your gullet. Genre searches have changed to become useless "search movies". Really? Fios has dropped the ball on this one if its not corrected or reverted back to the old format I'll be cleaning off my satellite dish or getting a substantial discount from another provider. Hey fios what ever rocket scientist you hired to create and fix something that wasn't brokenerhaps they need some re training
0 Likes
Suavek

This is last year I am with FIOS cable. I have been tolerating their price policies but expected acceptable service performance. This new confusing unreadable "flat look" interface with horrible lag on remote for my both Motorola 7100 STBs after latest update is unacceptable. I am done with this Thank you.

0 Likes
FWEhr
Contributor - Level 1

Congratulations, Verizon. You have succeeded in making the IMG less usable. Some of the most obvious defects this upgrade has introduced to the DVR function:

• Extra keypresses to Play a recording
  • The current selection, in a list, is much less obvious than it used to be.
  • No easy way to see how much of storage is actually used. This helpful number used to be at the bottom of the details for any recorded program. Now many keypresses away.
  • For series recordings, you took away Delete All.
  • Your suggestions ("more like this") - see below - are of zero use to me. Don't even bother.

The IMG wasn't broken, and you for sure didn't fix it. As far as I can tell, you added little of any value. May I suggest a feature that would be worth your effort - automatically extend the record time for a program that follows a sporting event, most of which run over.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't have the latest IMG (I have Quantum) so I can't comment on anything other than your request to extend live recordings:

There is not a provider today that can do that.

1) How do they instaneously notify all of the STBs to extend recording of a running show?

2)And even if they could, how long do they say?

3) I thoguht I read comments that if you are recriding a live show, there is a comment about extending the recording.

Not sure what it was as I said, I don't have 1.9.7.

0 Likes
moorel1

Agreed!  It is so difficult to navigate. The black background makes it hard to find where the remote cursor is.  Please make this stop!!  The DVR wasn't great to begin with.  No one at my house will use it now but me.  That doesn't bode well for us re-upping after our commitment is over -- which is coming right up!

0 Likes
sdougie
The black background and difficulty of using the dvr is absolutely horrible. It's too hard to see anything. Please make it stop. It was fine before.
Also your Fios Mobile is getting worse also. You guys have got to do something about this ASAP!
0 Likes
Spanky34
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wish my interface looked that good. It is much darker and the fone is smaller. Everything blurs together. This is the best way I can describe it. Bottom line both my wife and I struggle with the schedule and trying to record anything.

0 Likes
Spanky34
Enthusiast - Level 1

We agree totally. Someone should be fired for adopting this new format.

They could not have done any research and decided to go with it just to show they were doing "something" to earn their salary!

0 Likes