New Version of iTunes = I can no longer playback on Media Manager
jtb2tab

I've been using Media Manager for eight months, successfully playing back music from iTunes on my computer through my television.  About one month ago, I did a routine software upgrade of iTunes, and now Media Manager will no longer play back iTunes music - either on the PC or the TV.  The TV definitely recognized my computer.  It plays pictures and videos no problem through MM, and even shows me all my music, but I get an error whenever I try to play the songs.  Listening to my music through the DVR was a BIG PLUS for me, and not having this option anymore is very frustrating.  Is anyone else having this issue?  Any fixes?

0 Likes
Re: New Version of iTunes = I can no longer playback on Media Manager
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Have you opened MM recently and let it perform a scan for all new music,pictures,vid's etc?

0 Likes
jtb2tab

Yep..I've done numerous scans/re-scans...all to no avail.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

What version of MM and Itunes are you running?

0 Likes
jtb2tab

MM: 9.3.67

iTunes: 9.2.1.4

Windows Vista.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Ok I have two PC's, a Vista PC and an XP PC.  Works great on the XP machine but I get an error message on the Vista PC both locally on the PC and MM. 

A call to Verizon is in order for this.  Not sure if anyone else has this issue but I'm sure they do.

Is your vista machine connected wireless or wired?

0 Likes
jtb2tab

Haven't called VZ yet; however, I've noticed that it's only the .m4a files that will no longer play through MM (they played well for 8 months previously).  The .mp3 and .wma files play fine.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

have you tried reverting iTunes to the previous version. It may be that something that iTunes changed broke the compatibiltiy.

I dont think you will get much help from Verizon. It has been my experiance that they do not support media manager. Its a program that they offer free of charge and if it works, great!. If not, too bad.

0 Likes