Newbie with question about the $400 Deposit for FIOS TV Service
bronxlcsw
Okay, i was real happy when i found Fios is finally available in my area after years of waiting.  I call to order and theysay i need to post a 400 dollar deposit for fios tv.  I ask why and they say combination of poor credit and also the fact that the TV equipment as in the DVR boxes are very expensive and they just want security.  Its fullt refundable after 1 year.  However, to my suprise i was approved for FIOS Internet And Phone Service or Double freedom plan 20/5 internet and Freedom Phone plan both for $64 Dollars monthly 2 year guarantee.  Also get the 100 dollars cash back in for of the debit card.  My problem is that i dont need any verizon equipment for the Televisions as all my tvs in the home have tivo.  All i need is the cablecard decoder which i am sure are considerably less expensive than the Home media dvr or regular dvr.  Is there a way to get around this or am i stuck without fios tv until i put up the 400 dollars?  Is there a higher power i can appeal to?? 
0 Likes
Re: Newbie with question about the $400 Deposit for FIOS TV Service
dpedraza
Thanks for the many previous replies.....  I solved my problem by calling verizon and using my wifes maiden name.  Now i will have all 3 fios services with no $400 dollar deposit. 
0 Likes