No audio when using HDMI switch.
n3tzd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had FIOS installed this past week.Before the tech came I unhooked my HDMI switch (Cables-to-go Truelink 40446) to allow STB to be directly connected to TV. Everything worked perfectly. After feeling confident everything was OK I inserted the HDMI switch between the STB (Cisco CHS335HDCP2) and the TV. Picture is good but now I get no sound. I tried 3 different HDMI cables with no improvement. Tried different inputs on the switch with no improvement. Switch is "supposedly" HDCP compliant.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: No audio when using HDMI switch.
ronhoo1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you try each port on the switch to see if it works?  When you test each port make, disconnect all the other ports and to isolate and test just the STB.

If/when establish all the ports work the same.. try another source like a BluRay to see if audio works with that device.  If so then there is an issue with the STB.  I would recommend restarting (power cycle) the STB to give it a chance to resync to the switch.  Actually I recommend restartting everything.  TV, switch, and STB connecting the HDMI cables after each restart.

Your problem is probably not related to HDCP since you are able to get video.  If there were a HDCP issue there would most likely be some kind of notification.

What type of TV do you have?  Some older TVs had ports that were intended for DVI with separate RCA jacks for analog audio.  If you have an older TV make sure you  are using a port specific to HDMI. 

Good Luck
Ron

n3tzd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, I tried several different things that had been suggested but none of them helped. The switch and all the units attached to it had worked with my Comcast HD box.

I noticed a button on the switch labeled "CEC MODE" and a lite (CEC ACTIVE) which was off. I pressed the button, the lite came on and the audio appeared and has been working ever since.

As an experiment I turned the CEC off and the audio dissappeared. Turned it on, audio reappeared.

It's all FM!

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Turn on your TV and STB.

Press STB power then OK then Menu on your remote with a slight pause between each.

You should be at user settings.

Go to additional HDMI settings.

Go to audio output and select the option that works with your switch.

0 Likes
brentalex

I am able to access the menu with the 3 step, power off, ok and menu. I can then change the setting so I get sound. But then when I turn the tv off and back on later, I need to do this all over again. Is there a way to save this setting, or is it only good for one session of watching the tv? I do not see a save button or option on the screen. Thanks

0 Likes