no audio
1boss

The past 2 times I have turned my TV on, I have video but no audio.  If I reset my set top box, the sound comes back on.  Any ideas about a more permanent fix?  

0 Likes
Re: no audio
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model stb?

How is stub connected to TV?

Turning stb off and on doesn't help?

Or changing channels?

0 Likes
1boss

1) no idea

2) um, some kind of wire I guess

3) it does work but I don’t want to do that each time I turn TV on

4) nope, that doesn’t work. And it’s not the mute button. 

Thank you 

0 Likes
Andgreg1

This problem happens often with my FiOS One STB. I fix it by unplugging from power and replygging it back and the the unit resets and sound returns. It's really annoying and I called Verizon a number of times about this and they're of no help. They even sent a tech out but the problem still happens. Verizon is no doubt aware of this but are useless in solving it also claiming that they've not heard of this issue, which is **bleep**.  They need to resolve this

0 Likes
SunDayz10

I have the same issue. At least 3 times a week our tv has no audio when we turn it on. I have to do a complete reboot (power down FIOS One STB, wait 30 seconds, plug back in, let it initialize). It is super annoying.

I called Verizon support, no help. We did some troubleshooting with swapping HDMI cables, inputs on TV, hooking up an external DVD player, etc. They eventually said it might be the tv. So I call Samsung, go through troubleshooting with them. They send someone out to replace the main board on the TV. Sound worked, until a week later. Now back to 3-4 times a week resetting the STB for audio.

Very simple setup:

- Samsung 50" TV, 1 year old

- Verizon ONE set top box IPC4100 hard wired to FIOS-G1100 router

- HDMI cable from STB to TV

That's it, no sound bar or external speakers.

Verizon, PLEASE HELP! This is definitely an issue. Please recognize and work on a solution. Maybe it's just a firmware update on the STB, I don't know. But I hope you figure it out soon.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try this:

Turn off the box with the switch on top. Quickly hit OK 2X on the remote. This should take you to a black and white screen with a lot of info. Hit the left arrow on the remote, scroll down to USER, hit OK. Look for additional HDMI settings, scroll to it, hit ok. Look for AUDIO, set it to LPCM. Hit ok, reboot box.

0 Likes
Prciosa

This seems to work for me, thanks!

0 Likes
Jarias2311
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am now having this issue with my STB. Picture works but no audio. How do I fix this?

STB VMS4100

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes