No remote code for new RCA TV
lgr3078

I tried all of the codes on the Verizon website for RCA TV's, as well as scanned all the codes with the remote, and none of them worked for my TV. I recently got a RCA L40FHD41. Can anyone tell me a code that will work for my TV?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: No remote code for new RCA TV
ohpoleez
Contributor - Level 2

Hi, you tried all of these?

0074, 0117, 0205, 0706, 1074, 1174, 1274, 1374, 1474, 1574, 3000, 3003, 3004, 3005, 3034, 3045, 3083, 3088, 3119, 3124, 3181, 3184, 3190, 3200, 3201, 3211, 3213

0 Likes
VZ_Frank
Contributor - Level 2

Hello lrg3078,

Have you tried the default code

1) Power on the TV. 2) Press and hold TV device key. While holding down the TV key, press OK. 3) Release both keys. The device keys will blink twice. 4) Press 9-2-2. 5) Point the remote at the device and press the PLAY  button. 6) Press fast forward button. Every time you press the fast forward button , the remote sends a new power-off command to the TV. Keep pressing fast forward button  until the TV powers off. You can press rewind button to go back to the previous code. 7) When the device turns off, press OK to store this code. Hope this helped

0 Likes
lgr3078

I did try all of those codes, as well as the default code (9-2-2) and scanned through the codes, and none of them worked. I think because the tv is brand new, i'm not sure if the codes are the ones on the website.

Thank you guys for the replies.

0 Likes
MaryAnn

I have the same problem with my RCA L40FHD41 tv.  If anyone found a code, please let me know what it is!

0 Likes
jgreeley1
I have tried both the list of codes and the code search without success. I am not sure what to do next. Am I stuck with using two remotes forever? One remote for the channel and one for the volume. I have checked with the remote control web site and there is nothing new for codes for RCA The RCA manual simply says that they have a new code that may not be in the book but do not say what it is. They offer codes for other types of remotes (3 digit vs 4) but that still leaves me with two remotes. John Ambler, PA
0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

the scan mode (922) tries every code that the remote knows. If that doesnt work, there are no additional codes to try. So if 922 doesnt work, then that remote will not work that TV.

The only option you will have at that point (if you only want to use 1 remote) is to purchase a 3rd party universal remote and program it for the Verizon STB. There are many here on the board that have recommended many good universal remotes. If you need I'm sure some will post in with suggestions.

0 Likes
KidzNCollege
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's not just the RCA L40FHD41 TV, it's *any* RCA TV that uses the RC246 Remote Control (my TV is a L32HD31R and I have the same issue).  I talked with RCA, and their position is that they're the ones with the "more advanced technology," so it's Verizon's responsibility to "catch up" and update their remote codes.  For now, I guess we're stuck with using 2 remotes....

0 Likes