No Signal On My Samsung 55" Class S95B OLED 4K Smart TV (2022)
Ward4NDC
Enthusiast - Level 3

My new Samsung 55 inch class S95B OLED 4K Smart TV (2022) keeps getting a Fios HDMI no signal. I have never had these problem before on my 2018 Samsung 49 inch 4K UHD NU8000 and my 2020 Samsung 4K 32 inch QLED.  The television play fine on Samsung t.v. or a streaming services. Once I go back to the HDMI input for the Fios cable, the channels will come in very clear. If I turn the television off and turn it back on later, I will get a Fios HDMI no signal. What on earth is going on? Best Buy made an exchange with another new television and I am still getting a no signal. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
The HDMI Verizon Fios No Signal Was Solved
Ward4NDC
Enthusiast - Level 3

After the Best Buy Geek Squad came to my home last week to figure out why I was getting a Verizon Fios HDMI No Signal. It turns out my Verizon Fios Motorola cable boxes and Router were very old and they needed to be replaced with updated Verizon Fios cable boxes and Router. Verizon installed the new Fios 4K T.V. One set top boxes and the latest WiFi 6 Fios Router.

My 2022 Samsung - 55” Class S95B OLED 4K Smart Tizen TV is now playing picture perfectly. Samsung and Verizon tech support wasn't helpful. I give all the thanks to the Best Buy Geek Squad for helping to figure out what was causing the HDMI No Signal on my new Samsung 2022 OLED 4K Smart Television. The new technology on this Samsung OLED 2022 4K Smart T.V. signal wasn't connecting with the old Fios cable boxes. However, I didn't have any problems connecting my other 2018 49 inch Samsung 4K NU8000 Premium UHD T.V. and my 2020 32 inch QLED Samsung 4K Smart Televisions without getting a HDMI No Signal. 

I requested that a Verizon technician set up my new 4K T.V. One cable boxes and WiFi 6 Router. I am glad I paid for professional assistance because I would have had difficulty trying to set up this new Fios cable boxes and Router.  My new 2022 Samsung OLED 4K television is playing picture perfect with my new Fios cable equipment and Router. 😀 I am now a happy consumer. 

View solution in original post

Re: No Signal On My Samsung 55" Class S95B OLED 4K Smart TV (2022)
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Ward4NDC wrote:

My new Samsung 55 inch class S95B OLED 4K Smart TV (2022) keeps getting a Fios HDMI no signal. I have never had these problem before on my 2018 Samsung 49 inch 4K UHD NU8000 and my 2020 Samsung 4K 32 inch QLED.  The television play fine on Samsung t.v. or a streaming services. Once I go back to the HDMI input for the Fios cable, the channels will come in very clear. If I turn the television off and turn it back on later, I will get a Fios HDMI no signal. What on earth is going on? Best Buy made an exchange with another new television and I am still getting a no signal. 

From your description I'm not exactly sure what is going on with your TV and Fios box. First are you leaving the Fios box on? Is there a High-speed certified cable going to the TV from the Fios box? Is the input the Fios box going to on the TV the eARC input? Is the input the Fios box is plugged into on the TV set up for extended color or wide color or whatever LG calls it? Is the Fios box set up for 2160P in the video menu? Main Menu > Settings > Audio & Video > Video Settings> Video Format. Are you using a VMS box or a mini? I need a LOT more detail to really help you. You could also try: Main Menu > Settings > System> Reset Settings, unplug the HDMI cable to the TV, unplug power to the Fios box, wait 3 minutes, plug the Fios box power back in, plug HDMI back in and set up the Fios box again.

Ward4NDC
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried everything and a Verizon tech came out to my home last week and he used a different HDMI cable and the other different cable box from my other QLED 32 in Samsung 4K Smart Television. Speaking with Verizon Tech Support last night, the first thing I was told, my Router and Fios cable boxes are antiquated. Today the Best Buy Geek Squad came out to try to solve the problem. After resetting the Fios cable box through the Samsung 2022 OLED 4K Smart T.V., all the cable channels came through. After turning the television off and turning it back on 5 minutes later, we got the Verizon Fios No Signal on the screen. The Geek Squad noticed, I had a very old Verizon Router and the old Motorola cable boxes. He stated, this what was causing the problem between my Fios cable box and the newer Samsung technology coming from the 2022 television regarding the signals between the two devices not reading properly. I put in a service order with Verizon and a technician will be professionally installing 2 new updated 4K cable boxes and the new Verizon Fios Router tomorrow morning, April 19, 2022. I am not an IT person and I rather pay to let Verizon set up everything because I paid $2,345 for this new Samsung 55 inch OLED 4K Television.😀 😃 😄 😁

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your router and boxes are that old, your ONT probably is too, and should be replaced along with the other equipment. If you don't, I can almost guarantee problems in the future. If it doesn't look something  like this, tell the technician to replace it.

The HDMI Verizon Fios No Signal Was Solved
Ward4NDC
Enthusiast - Level 3

After the Best Buy Geek Squad came to my home last week to figure out why I was getting a Verizon Fios HDMI No Signal. It turns out my Verizon Fios Motorola cable boxes and Router were very old and they needed to be replaced with updated Verizon Fios cable boxes and Router. Verizon installed the new Fios 4K T.V. One set top boxes and the latest WiFi 6 Fios Router.

My 2022 Samsung - 55” Class S95B OLED 4K Smart Tizen TV is now playing picture perfectly. Samsung and Verizon tech support wasn't helpful. I give all the thanks to the Best Buy Geek Squad for helping to figure out what was causing the HDMI No Signal on my new Samsung 2022 OLED 4K Smart Television. The new technology on this Samsung OLED 2022 4K Smart T.V. signal wasn't connecting with the old Fios cable boxes. However, I didn't have any problems connecting my other 2018 49 inch Samsung 4K NU8000 Premium UHD T.V. and my 2020 32 inch QLED Samsung 4K Smart Televisions without getting a HDMI No Signal. 

I requested that a Verizon technician set up my new 4K T.V. One cable boxes and WiFi 6 Router. I am glad I paid for professional assistance because I would have had difficulty trying to set up this new Fios cable boxes and Router.  My new 2022 Samsung OLED 4K television is playing picture perfect with my new Fios cable equipment and Router. 😀 I am now a happy consumer. 

Ward4NDC
Enthusiast - Level 3

My ONT box is is fine. I was the first person in an apartment building of 69 units to switch over from Verizon copper lines to Verizon Fios June 12, 2012.  My ONT box looks like in the photo below.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

That looks like a picture of a Battery Backup Unit (BBU). The main part of the ONT is below...just outside of the picture.

The BBU for the current ONT looks different. My suspicions is that the existing ONT is an older model as opposed to a Nokia 211.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Ward4NDC wrote:

My ONT box is is fine. I was the first person in an apartment building of 69 units to switch over from Verizon copper lines to Verizon Fios June 12, 2012.  My ONT box looks like in the photo below.

As I said, I'd get Verizon to replace your ONT too, or you WILL run into problems in the future. There are many cases of the older ONT's throwing up errors and other issue with the newer Fios equipment.

My Verizon Fios ONT Box Had To Be Replace
Ward4NDC
Enthusiast - Level 3

clem53, you were correct regarding my ONT box being too old and will cause problems even with my new Verizon Fios 4K TV One cable boxes and WiFi 6 Router.  My Internet ran into problems downloading photos. When I and Verizon's tech support ran a Verizon Speed Test, it failed. A Verizon tech was dispatched to my home the same day. The Verizon tech noticed my old ONT box on the wall and he said, it need to be replaced because this most likely was causing the problem. He upgrade ONT box with a new one. The downfall, it doesn't come with a replacement battery. I have to order a backup battery in the event of a power shortage.

0 Likes
Re: My Verizon Fios ONT Box Had To Be Replace
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The BBUs created by Alcatel-Lucent/Nokia are not as versatile as the ones created by Tellabs.

The Tellabs BBU automatically kicked in when commercial AC power was lost and kicked out when power was restored. The unit used a single battery.

The Alcatel-Lucent/Nokia BBU requires someone to manually turn it on & off and runs on twelve "D" cells.

The general consensus is that a UPS  is a better option. 🙂