No signal when connecting FIOS cable directly to Sony Bravia
bbrown9
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I had Comcast, I was able to split off the cable and connect it directly to my TV for those times when both tuners on my TIVO are busy and I want to watch a third show. When I got FIOS connected, this no longer works. I know for a fact that my TV has a builtin QAM tuner (I just double-checked the manual to be sure).

What could be the problem? We replaced the cable from the splitter to the TV and that had no effect. Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No signal when connecting FIOS cable directly to Sony Bravia
bbrown9
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK, I feel a little foolish. I had to rerun AutoProgram to let it rescan the channels. I had tried that but gave up too soon. When it hadn't found any channels at all when it was about 60% done, I assumed it wouldn't find any. I finally had the patience to let it run and it found the channels.

Does anyone have a QAM channel lineup map for the Boston area?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: No signal when connecting FIOS cable directly to Sony Bravia
bbrown9
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK, I feel a little foolish. I had to rerun AutoProgram to let it rescan the channels. I had tried that but gave up too soon. When it hadn't found any channels at all when it was about 60% done, I assumed it wouldn't find any. I finally had the patience to let it run and it found the channels.

Does anyone have a QAM channel lineup map for the Boston area?

0 Likes