Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu

No Volume Issue

SOLVED
NSC1
Contributor
Contributor

No Volume Issue

Message 1 of 9
(2,105 Views)

I've searched and called and can't get answer.  When I turn on set, there is NO VOLUME and a bar in upper corner that says "Fixed 30".    Sometimes, not every time!  When you unplug and restart the box, it is FINE.  I've seen various posts here that all have suggestions - and each ends with "then reboot".  YES, rebooting solves the issue, but just short term.  Soon it returns and I've had to reboot over 25 times this month. When I call Verizon, they have me unplug, and can't grasp that THAT is not a long term solution.  Each of the posts here say things like "change setting from fixed to variable" or whatever, and "THEN REBOOT".  It appears to work, but that's because it is the unplug/restart that corrects the issue -temporarily.  You could say, "Change your socks and then reboot" - it will work, but it's not the socks that are helping.  I am unable to resolve because VZ thinks that the reboot solves this, and I'm tired of unplugging and restarting so many times.  Any ideas?  And please don't say "unplug it"!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
clem53
Platinum Contributor I Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I

Re: No Volume Issue

Message 9 of 9
(1,144 Views)

@Mikel89 wrote:

I run audio through the optical port same  issue. Constant restart

Try this: Main Menu > Settings > Voice Control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program Fios TV Voice Remote>Reset remote setup. Remove your existing remote. Go back to: Main Menu > Settings > Voice Control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program Fios TV Voice Remote>Manual setup, follow prompts and put in the names of your other equipment like your TV. Reboot the Fios box after everything is done.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
clem53
Platinum Contributor I

Message 2 of 9
(2,060 Views)

@NSC1 wrote:

I've searched and called and can't get answer.  When I turn on set, there is NO VOLUME and a bar in upper corner that says "Fixed 30".    Sometimes, not every time!  When you unplug and restart the box, it is FINE.  I've seen various posts here that all have suggestions - and each ends with "then reboot".  YES, rebooting solves the issue, but just short term.  Soon it returns and I've had to reboot over 25 times this month. When I call Verizon, they have me unplug, and can't grasp that THAT is not a long term solution.  Each of the posts here say things like "change setting from fixed to variable" or whatever, and "THEN REBOOT".  It appears to work, but that's because it is the unplug/restart that corrects the issue -temporarily.  You could say, "Change your socks and then reboot" - it will work, but it's not the socks that are helping.  I am unable to resolve because VZ thinks that the reboot solves this, and I'm tired of unplugging and restarting so many times.  Any ideas?  And please don't say "unplug it"!

Is there a soundbar in this anywhere? Does the Fios box plug into an ARC port on the TV or a non ARC port? Have you tried reprogramming the remote? The behavior you describe with the volume bar from the Fios box showing only happens when the Fios box receives a volume command from either the remote or the TV through CEC. When you program the remote are you choosing the TV as the audio source? I've also seen fluorescent lights nearby that caused the boxes to act like they received a command too.

PL10
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 9
(1,930 Views)

Try changing the AUTO-POWER OFF to the OFF position. This is at least temporarily working for me. 

ric7
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 9
(1,748 Views)

Agree. Been happening for me for about 4 months. No matter what internet search result comes back with, the bottom line is reboot. Would love to hear something more about a solution. Better, have Verizon/Fios admit this is a problem and get some tech solution pushed out.

clem53
Platinum Contributor I

Message 5 of 9
(1,736 Views)

@ric7 wrote:

Agree. Been happening for me for about 4 months. No matter what internet search result comes back with, the bottom line is reboot. Would love to hear something more about a solution. Better, have Verizon/Fios admit this is a problem and get some tech solution pushed out.

Support IS aware of the issue and have said there is supposed to be a fix in the works for a future APR update. Can't tell you when that will happen though.

Blueconnect
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 6 of 9
(1,597 Views)

April 2022 for a fix would a welcomed update.  I may have missed this detail in other post but I see this when using the DVR and Mini. For the DVR I have not checked the composite audio out to see if it is impacted at the same time but I like to believe the Verizon internal test team have already done that.

clem53
Platinum Contributor I

Message 7 of 9
(1,581 Views)

@Blueconnect wrote:

April 2022 for a fix would a welcomed update.  I may have missed this detail in other post but I see this when using the DVR and Mini. For the DVR I have not checked the composite audio out to see if it is impacted at the same time but I like to believe the Verizon internal test team have already done that.

Has anybody checked the optical out on the DVR box to see it the volume issue is carried on through that too? Could only be HDMI that has this issue.

Mikel89
Contributor
Contributor

Message 8 of 9
(1,159 Views)

clem53
Platinum Contributor I

Message 9 of 9
(1,145 Views)

@Mikel89 wrote:

Try this: Main Menu > Settings > Voice Control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program Fios TV Voice Remote>Reset remote setup. Remove your existing remote. Go back to: Main Menu > Settings > Voice Control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program Fios TV Voice Remote>Manual setup, follow prompts and put in the names of your other equipment like your TV. Reboot the Fios box after everything is done.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title