Noob Question about Component Cables
uptheirons1992

Hello all. I recently got a new HDTV; however, my verizon box was used for standard tvs. I was wondering if using component cables will improve the quality of the images? Or do I have to have Verizon HD for the component cables to factor in? Please forgive my noobish question. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Noob Question about Component Cables
tns
Master - Level 2

Really better to get a HD box.  I don't think the SD boxes even support Component cables.

Note with a HD box its usually best to use HDMI to newer HDTV's although component will work.

0 Likes
Re: Noob Question about Component Cables
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

Look for your Set Top Box's model number on the bottom left corner of the front panel.

If the model number is QIP-6xxx, QIP-7xxx or CHS-xxx, then  you have an HD set-top-box, and you should absolutely be using component (or better yet, HDMI) cables. Don't walk, run to the store and buy an HDMI cable. (But don't pay more than $10 for it.)

If your Set top model number is not one of the above, then you have an SD set-top-box. Take it to the nearest Verizon store and get it exchanged for an HD set-top-box. Then run to the store and buy an HDMI cable for it.

0 Likes