Numerous lockups regularly when attempting to view live tv on FiOS TV APP
radiocynic1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are there any solutions or suggestions for this? This app has never worked well for me, neither on my Amazon Fire HD tablet nor on my LG V10 phone.  All I want is to watch live tv uninterrupted, usually only among the same 5 or 6 channels.  I regularly get lockups with the spinning circle.  Sometimes closing and reopening the app remedies it temporarily, sometimes a complete reboot of the tablet is required to coax the app into running again.  But either way, lockups always eventually happen again. 

Happens regardless of proximity to router, even within a few feet. 

Reinstalling app has been tried several times over the years.  No improvement.

My most recent error codes, fwiw, were 9-6-33-306-999 and 9-6-33-806-130.  More often, though, it simply locks up without an error code. 

Even more annoyingly, it regularly forces me to log in again when I was already logged in.  Ridiculously cumbersome, especially since I'm the only one using this device.  Can't think of any logical reason why this should ever be required.

Any solutions or suggestions greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Numerous lockups regularly when attempting to view live tv on FiOS TV APP
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I use the app regularly on my Samsung Tablet and Galaxy Phone with no lock ups.

Have you checked the OS version of your tablet and pnoe?
If you Google the Fios App, it will tell you the minimum OS version they support.

Also, have you tried using the in app support after having a lockup to open a ticket?