On Demand - Email notification on movie I did not order???
fossabeans
Enthusiast - Level 1

OK - last night we rented a movie and I received the email notification immediately after we rented the movie. Fine, great, love that feature.

This morning I received a notification that we rented a movie again..This morning. No one rented a movie this morning.

Here is the email message I received:

Dear Valued Verizon Customer,

Thank you for renting This is 40 (Unrated) (SD). The details of your rental are below:

Title:This is 40 (Unrated) (SD)
Date Rented:Mar 23, 2013
Price:$4.99 plus applicable taxes and fees.

This movie will be in your library for 30 days. Once you start watching the movie, you will have 48 hours to complete viewing. To begin viewing press on your FiOS TV remote control and scroll down to My Library.

We hope you enjoy your selection. Here are additional titles that you might enjoy.

To order any of these movies, press on your FiOS TV remote control or click on one of the icons above.

Thank you for choosing Verizon as your entertainment provider. We truly appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team

I go look on my On Demand Library - this movie is not listed on my rentals.

Is this a glitch and do I need to be vigilant that this doesn't show up on my bill??

This is the first time this has happened in the 5 years we've had FiOS TV.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: On Demand - Email notification on movie I did not order???
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Hi fossabeans,

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users.

It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via email or live chat at:

http://www.verizon.com/contactus

Choose “Live Chat.”

If a chat agent is available to assist you, the chat link will become live after the page is fully loaded.

Regards,

AnnieS

View solution in original post

AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Hi fossabeans,

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users.

It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via email or live chat at:

http://www.verizon.com/contactus

Choose “Live Chat.”

If a chat agent is available to assist you, the chat link will become live after the page is fully loaded.

Regards,

AnnieS

hideflomein

I too am having this problem. On Tuesday, I received a similar e-mail regarding "Power Rangers 3" - I called my wife and she assured me that she did not rent this. I called Verizon Support and they put a credit on my account in case it showed up on my bill. 

Today, I received another e-mail, this time for "The Hobbit" - no one was home all day today so no one could have ordered it. The movie also did not appear in "My Rentals" or "My Purchases" history. I called Verizon Support, and let them know I had received a second erroneous e-mail. They checked my account and there was no record of having rented "Power Rangers 3", but there WAS a record of "The Tourist" being rented on our main DVR, at a time when everyone was home, but no one was renting anything. (For the record, we NEVER rent things on On Deman - we only ever watch the Premium Channel programming or the free movies.)

0 Likes
Got Email Telling Me I Rented a Movie I Did Not Rent!
Jeffminator1

I just got an email thanking me for renting the movie "Lawless" when I did no such thing. I have not rented any In-Demand/ FlexView product ever! 

I tried checking 'My Library' but I have not seen any rentals in my queue. 

Am I going to be charged for retning a movie I did not?

0 Likes
gnik1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have just gotten off the phone with a Verizon rep about being billed for several movies that I did not rent. The solutions proposed was to use a billing control code for movie rentals. After checking the community forum and finding that this is a common complaint among other users, it is quite obvious that a code will be useless. Either my account has been hacked or this is an inside job. I suspect the latter. Someone within Verizon whose compensation depends upon movie rentals is juicing up these rentals. And the insertion of a code would not be a problem at all for them. I have never rented a movie from Verizon and never will now that I know the billing system has been corrupted. I thought that my several hundred dollars a month billing would make me a prized customer with whom Verizon would take extra care. But if I get another false rental billing I am canceling my account.

MHD2

Hmmm, we just received a Verizon-Notification email on 1/31/2014 saying we rented "Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa" but we only have FIOS phone and internet.  A call was made to the Verizon Billing department.

Their agent confirmed we were NOT charged and that no notification was sent ... wrong (see below). The agent made a note on our account saying we should not be charged if one appears. When asked why I received a notification for a rental I did not order, she said it was probably a glitch.  I asked her to investigate further because we didn't have FIOS TV and I was concerned about hacking.  After checking with the Billing Supervisor she relayed that notifications are distributed to certain areas for TV notifications and sometimes there is a glitch whereby an extra random person receives a notification. I let her know the response was insufficient and requested a ticket be opened, investigated, and someone get back to me.  The agent said she could only note items on the bill and had no where to escalate the issue to.  I let her know I was very disappointed with the Supervisor's response and that I planned to pursue further.

Date: Jan 31, 2014 7:39:20 PM
Subject: Thank you for renting "Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa (Unrated) (SD)"
To: xxxx@verizon.net

Dear Valued Verizon Customer,

Thank you for renting your copy of Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa (Unrated) (SD). The details of your rental are below:

Title: Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa (Unrated) (SD)
Date Rented: Jan 31, 2014
Price: $4.99 plus applicable taxes and fees.

This movie will be in your library for 30 days. Once you start watching the movie, you will have 48 hours to complete viewing. To begin viewing press on your FiOS TV remote control and scroll down to My Library.

We hope you enjoy your selection. Here are additional titles that you might enjoy.

To order any of these movies, press on your FiOS TV remote control or click on one of the icons above.

Thank you for choosing Verizon as your entertainment provider. We truly appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

A code is useful.  Stops kids and accidents.  Ever hit the VOD pages and seemingly get no response for a bit and then it suddenly responds to a bunch of key strokes you previously entered? 

True if absolutely no one was there then it probably a different problem, but most people don't have that problem.  They mostly come in the first category above.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Curious if there was any sign that it might be Phish?

0 Likes
JillEspino

I have been having the same exact issues and its been happening for weeks. I get emails saying I am renting and purchasing movies that I never rented or purchased. i called in about this numerous times and even spoke to tech support. Someone was supposed to call me back and never did. All these years having verizon and I am having the worst experience ever! I will not be renewing this contract

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi JillEspino,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes