On Demand Freezing/Sticking
chalewa4bambu
Enthusiast - Level 3

Everytime I try to access the on demand portion of FiOS, I will be scrolling though the titles and it will freeze/stick on a title, and I will have to wait for a few seconds, and then it will catch up and scroll through real fast. 

Its really annoying. I have tried resetting the box, nothing.

Ideas?  

Also, why does SD on demand looks like crap? 

Message Edited by chalewa4bambu on 11-08-2008 04:43 PM
0 Likes
Re: On Demand Freezing/Sticking
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2

Hello chalewa4bambu,

The VOD menu sticking has been happening for a little while now.  The department which controls the VOD menu and content is working on a solution to this problem, however, no target release date has been fixed.  The cursor will scroll through really quickly because it will log in the number of button presses you do when it gets hung up for that second and automatically readjust itself the number of times you hit the arror. 

As far as the picture goes you can refer to

http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=FiOS_TV&thread.id=2063

edited to add link for referenced thread

Message Edited by TheSanchez on 11-09-2008 07:58 AM
0 Likes
chalewa4bambu
Enthusiast - Level 3

yea i read that link too, but i don't have IMG 1.6..

which reminds me, i thought i was supposed to have that by nov 1? 

0 Likes
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2

Where are you located?

FL, IN, and the rest of PA are supposed to be getting on 11/11.  These are the last areas to recieve the update. 

TS

Message Edited by TheSanchez on 11-09-2008 12:56 PM
0 Likes
chalewa4bambu
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for your response...

Yea, I am in PA, so I will be looking for this on Tuesday.

The tech I talked to on the phone earlier said that the sound and sync issues could be due to bad wiring in the house? The wiring is relatively new, within the last 10 years or so, do you think that this could be part of the problem? 

0 Likes
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2

Hmmm, you didn't post any specifics about that problem in your original posting so i can't comment.  If you like put them here and i'll try to throw some advise your way. 

TS

0 Likes
chalewa4bambu
Enthusiast - Level 3

First off, I just wanted to say that I think it's great you monitor these forums as much as you do, and thanks. I know myself, as well as everyone else here really appreciates it.

Secondly, essentially from the time I got FiOS, I have had serious issues with the video and audio being out of sync (it kind of looks like one of those old school Godzilla videos) and with audio dropping for no apparent reason.

I talked to a couple of techs on the phone about it, and most of them have just said, well we don't know. When I talked to somone yesterday or the day before, he said that it could be due to poor wiring inside my house. Now the cable in this room was just recently replaced within the last ten years or so... Have you heard about anything like this? 
0 Likes
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2
I have heard about this and there is a very easy way to isolate it down.  Is this happening on all channels or some channels?  Is this the only room in your house with the problem?  If so then try moving the STB to a different coax jack in another room.  This problem can be one of numerous things.  Most of the time if it is one channel it is the network/feed.  If it is happening on more than one channel we are looking at bad signal quality coming down the coax in your home or the stb is not processing the signal properly(very rare).  Honestly if it is happening on more than one channel and just on this one box you need a service call. 
0 Likes
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2

@chalewa4bambu wrote:

First off, I just wanted to say that I think it's great you monitor these forums as much as you do, and thanks. I know myself, as well as everyone else here really appreciates it.

Thanks for your kind words.

TS

0 Likes
spta97
Enthusiast - Level 3
I tried watching VOD and the image / sound would freeze every minute or so - so frustrating that I do not watch it anylonger.  My wiring is RG-6 quad sheilded so I don't think that is my issue.  Do I have to get a box replacement?
0 Likes