On-Demand not working for premium subscriptions
jmcohen231
Contributor - Level 3

I recently upgraded my box from an HD box to the Home Media DVR.  I also have a subspcription to some premium channels (HBO & Cinemax).

I am able to access HBO/Cinemax on the regular channels, but when attempting to order a movie via VOD, I get an error message stating that I am not currently subscribed.  Prior to my box upgrade, I was able to access the HBO/Cinemax VOD content.

I called VZ last night, and they were working on it, but only told me that the box I have has not been activated.  I found this puzzling since I am able to watch regluar shows on it.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

If I wasn't getting the premium subscription free for 3 months (expires in January), I would lodge a formal complaint.  But this is rather disappointing to see such inconsistencies with their equipment.

Tags (4)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: On-Demand not working for premium subscriptions
jmcohen231
Contributor - Level 3

update to this:

I finally got this resolved after a few calls to tech support.  They realized that they did not disable the box I turned in, thus they could not fully enable my new box.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

I had this problem about a year ago. Seems that when they added HBO to the mix, they forgot to click the "hbo on demand" option. So I got the channel but not the on demand. It took them about 2 days to fix it. The guy I spoke to said they had to do an "internal order" to add the on demand package to my acct and that got it working. Wasn't too much of a hassle just a little inconvenient.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@spacedebris wrote:

I had this problem about a year ago. Seems that when they added HBO to the mix, they forgot to click the "hbo on demand" option. So I got the channel but not the on demand. It took them about 2 days to fix it. The guy I spoke to said they had to do an "internal order" to add the on demand package to my acct and that got it working. Wasn't too much of a hassle just a little inconvenient.

I had a similar problem.  I went online via the chat in My Verizon and they fixed it immediately.  It was a provisioning error.

0 Likes
Crabman

Under a year ago I signed up for the Verizon bundle pack phone/TV/FIOS.  I have had nothing but trouble with on-demand service.  What is really annoying is that I can buy a movie shortly afterwards the movie freezes.  In 98% of the cases I cannot regain access and I am billed $4.99.  Each time I contact tech service the stock answer is to reset the router and set top box.  If I had a dime for each time I did this I could retire.  Anyone else have this issue?

0 Likes
jmcohen231
Contributor - Level 3

update to this:

I finally got this resolved after a few calls to tech support.  They realized that they did not disable the box I turned in, thus they could not fully enable my new box.

0 Likes