On Demand not working on 2 out of 3 set top boxes
thomas144

I have three DVRs - all individual DVRs, not networked together (whatever you call that).  They are all connected to the base station in the basement by coax, all in the same way (as far as I know).  I've realized recently that On Demand programming is not working on two of the boxes, although it still works on one of them.  No On Demand programming is available on the boxes that don't work.  Should I schedule a repairman?

0 Likes
Re: On Demand not working on 2 out of 3 set top boxes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Depends on how they are connected.

Do they share a splitter?

Check all the connections. Could be a bad cable as well.

0 Likes
Is it possible to get a Verizon technician to come to my house?
thomas144

Is it possible to have a Verizon technician come to my house to fix a problem I am having with all my STBs?  I know that Comcast used to do this.  Right now I am getting so frustrated with Verizon customer support that I am seriously considering switching back to Comcast, which is awful, but at least I could get someone to come to my house to fix things.

0 Likes
thomas144

The problem has spread to all the STBs.  I spent a couple of hours in chat last night.  He sent me off to the other room to re-connect all the coax cables on the other TV - didn't fix anything of course.  When I got back to the computer he had terminated the chat.  Very close to switching back to Comcast.  

0 Likes
FredK2

I've got the same problem. I've got 2 STBs. Problem started with the non-HD box in the basement some time ago. I don't use this feature down there so I let it slide. Now my main HD box has the same problem. I've rebooted EVERYTHING, reconnected EVERY cable, and unplugged EVERY box. None of that helped. All the other features I pay for work just fine - no complaints. But this torques me. I've tried calling tech support twice but got sick of waiting on hold. All the chat support person suggested was to do what I did on my own already -- absolutely no new advice. I'm beginning to conclude that nobody at verizon cares at all.  (And no COMCAST isn't an option - all my friends and family dropped them because of horrendous tech support. What can I do at this point? 

0 Likes
Does Verizon have technicians who can come to my house and fix my set top boxes?
thomas144

Or should I just bring all my equipment back to the verizon office and try something different?

0 Likes
Re: Does Verizon have technicians who can come to my house and fix my set top boxes?
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.

Depending on the issue they may send a technician or ship you new boxes.  A equipment swap at a store may be an option depending on where you live.  To find out what they will do, you need to call them and tell them the problem with your equipment.

Good Luck.

0 Likes