Re: On Demand play gets cutoff and next episode starts prematurely
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@TJR2 wrote:

Any answers to this issue. It's 12/08/2021 and the problem still exist.

I'll try again with support.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@TJR2 wrote:

Any answers to this issue. It's 12/08/2021 and the problem still exist.

Support needs to know a few things:

1: Date of the problem

2: Time of day it occured

3: Episode played

4: Unit address of the VMS, or MAC address of the IPC, whichever you were using.

Please PM me with the info as it is sensitive to hacking if published here.

Verizonuserkh31

Same thing is still happening now, very frustrating. And you can’t just quickly go back to the end of the last episode - as if we don’t pay for the station and cable anyhow. On demand is my last option to watch a show which is ridiculous since we pay so much. Rant over. I get that it goes to the next episode, but why not until the last one is over? Makes no sense. And I feel like hitting exit escapes you from the entire show, but maybe I’m wrong..

0 Likes
rayrod354

Has this issue been resolved yet?   I’m ready to cancel my service.   I hate waiting for the end of the show and can see who wins or what happens because it skips to next darn episode about a minute or so before it ends.    It’s tiring. Then you can’t go back to the episode and fast forward to the point where you were because you’re not allowed to fast forward.  Chatted with rep after a few minutes they were still reviewing my account.  Okay, bye, go back to bed.  

0 Likes
DJM22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to easily reproduce this issue.

To reproduce it:  watch one episode of any series (ex: season 1 episode 1), watch the next episode of the same series (S1E2).  Towards the end of that episode it will display the countdown timer for the next episode (S1E3), and if you don't press exit within the countdown timer period, it goes to the next episode in the series well before the episode you are watching  is complete. 

It does not behave this way at the end of the first episode watched in a sitting, nor does it display the countdown if you watch multiple episodes out of order.  To stop it you have to watch the last 5 minutes of the second and subsequent episodes in one binge very carefully with remote in hand, ready to push the exit button.

It looks like they tried to code a netflix style binge watching feature,  but set it to roll to the next episode way too early.  

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@DJM2 wrote:

To reproduce it:  watch one episode of any series (ex: season 1 episode 1), watch the next episode of the same series (S1E2).  Towards the end of that episode it will display the countdown timer for the next episode (S1E3), and if you don't press exit within the countdown timer period, it goes to the next episode in the series well before the episode you are watching  is complete. 

It does not behave this way at the end of the first episode watched in a sitting, nor does it display the countdown if you watch multiple episodes out of order.  To stop it you have to watch the last 5 minutes of the second and subsequent episodes in one binge very carefully with remote in hand, ready to push the exit button.

It looks like they tried to code a netflix style binge watching feature,  but set it to roll to the next episode way too early.  

I'll send this to support to look at.

0 Likes
DJM22
Enthusiast - Level 2

@clem53 wrote:

@DJM2 wrote:

I know this isn't your issue, but you seem to have an "in" with tech support, so can you also ask them why Technical Support isn't trained  enough to determine if a customer reported issue is hardware, communications, or a software flaw?  When it comes to software flaws, they seem at a loss.  This bug is one example.  People have complained about this bug for over 3 years in this thread alone, after they've repeatedly called tech support, and it was clearly a design flaw in the software by their description. 

No matter how many times they reboot your STB remotely, or download the same software, or view your cables through your phone camera,  it won't fix this and the other flaws in their software. 

As a regular user who hadn't experienced this before, I was able to reproduce it within 2 hours, and it only took that long because users reported it happened on VOD shows with FF disabled, so I had to watch 2 shows.  Why couldn't their testers reproduce it in over 3 years of this bug being reported to tech support by phone?  

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@DJM2 wrote:

@clem53 wrote:

@DJM2 wrote:

I know this isn't your issue, but you seem to have an "in" with tech support, so can you also ask them why Technical Support isn't trained  enough to determine if a customer reported issue is hardware, communications, or a software flaw?  When it comes to software flaws, they seem at a loss.  This bug is one example.  People have complained about this bug for over 3 years in this thread alone, after they've repeatedly called tech support, and it was clearly a design flaw in the software by their description. 

No matter how many times they reboot your STB remotely, or download the same software, or view your cables through your phone camera,  it won't fix this and the other flaws in their software. 

As a regular user who hadn't experienced this before, I was able to reproduce it within 2 hours, and it only took that long because users reported it happened on VOD shows with FF disabled, so I had to watch 2 shows.  Why couldn't their testers reproduce it in over 3 years of this bug being reported to tech support by phone?  

I get the need to vent, but I'm not the guy to vent to. I'm just another user that has a few contacts that are willing to look into issues from time to time. Unfortunately there are enough serious issues for them to pursue I'm sure they prioritize based on the number of people affected, and how severe the problem is. I sent this thread in to a contact, we'll see what happens. Earlier in the thread I asked for specific details  support needed to work on, but nobody answered.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@DJM2 wrote:

@clem53 wrote:

@DJM2 wrote:

Got a reply they will be opening this up for another look. No idea when the fix will happen.

0 Likes
johnnyhenry

It's now been 3 and a half years since this problem was reported and it's still not fixed. As of today 8/20/2022 it's still happening as I watch episodes of Dark Winds. Priority of other issues is no excuse for this not being fixed. Pathetic. There's no reason why this can't be fixed. When are you going to fix this Verizon?

0 Likes