Re: One Channel Freezing Up
bkulis12

Having the same issue as everyone else here. Called Verizon customer support three different times and was told the issue was fixed. Now happening multiple times a day. Had them replace the main set box, but the system just froze again. Frustrating as this never happened before we upgraded to Verizon One

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@bkulis12 wrote:

Having the same issue as everyone else here. Called Verizon customer support three different times and was told the issue was fixed. Now happening multiple times a day. Had them replace the main set box, but the system just froze again. Frustrating as this never happened before we upgraded to Verizon One

Reboot the Router and the box. Then check all the coax connections, from the ONT to the splitter, splitter to the router, router to box. I had a bad box do this once, but it affected several channels on the same frequency.

Augustlp
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue. It has been happening for months. I would reset the box via the menu and it would work great. It used to be 1x a month, then 1x a week and now it is every day and today seems to be every few minutes. I have chatted with Verizon all day and they say there is an outage. Not sure how it is NOW an issue and qualifies for an outage. I cannot watch any recorded shows from 504. It will say it recorded and when I go to watch it will not play. Let's hope they fix this cause it is REALLY annoying!

Gweagraff
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think part of the issue may be because, like many companies, Verizon is short staffed right now, so they don’t have enough people to work on this type of issue. But I do agree that it’s very annoying because this may be a channel that I watch more than any other. 

0 Likes
PG171
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem. Verizon refuses to acknowledge the issue. 

Eydes
Enthusiast - Level 2

So this has been happening to me for weeks. Fios will not acknowledge it.  Must reboot 3 times daily.  

Gweagraff
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you ever call support again? What did they say?

and I’ve noticed that it really only seems to happen if the channel is being viewed, recorded, or “sitting on.” And it doesn’t seem to happen if it’s only being viewed on one of the satellite boxes. It mostly only happens when it’s being recorded, or being viewed on the main box. 

0 Likes
Cloudyplusplus
Enthusiast - Level 3

24Apr 2020 update:

First, I tried the recommended procedure to reboot everything and tighten the connections. No luck. BTW: That's usually the right thing to do if the other fixes do not work. A loose connection can cause all sorts of wonky behavior.

The problem has gotten so bad, that I can't do more than 2 hours channel 504 (WBZ/CBS) hanging. I've moved some of my scheduled recordings to channel 4 (SD) for now. We'll see if that allows me to record on that station.

I also signed up for CBS All Access for now (first month is free.)

This morning I called Verizon to follow up on the ticket that was generated on April 22nd. When I answered that I was calling about an open ticket, the automated system said "They plan to have the problem fixed by 6:00 PM today" .... good bye. So, I'll call again after 6:00 (either tonight or tomorrow.)

0 Likes
petesza1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just hung up with Deshawn from VZ support with this EXACT same issue, same channel 504.  Of course that is Survivor, Jeopardy and all the shows my wife and I watch (and tape) the most.  When it freezes nothing is recorded on the DVR either.  This problem has been going on for years.  We have had FiOS for ever and moved to the Quantum router and latest set top box and this same channel has been having this same problem for years (it does come and go).  I told Deshawn about this and was not familiar with the issue but did reach out to other VZ SME's who confirmed the issue.  He came back with the following "Work around" until VZ can fix the bug in their head end:

Using your remote go to:
1 Menu
2 Settings
3 System
4 Television
5 Auto Tune To HD (scroll down a bit for this one)
6 Turn that OFF and then save/ok

Unfortunately we already had our turned OFF so it is not a "work around" fix for us.  I turned it ON and then OFF again to see if that might do something. 

I swear it happens more often when you rewind and fast forward live TV.  I figure with all the FiOS subscribers watching Survivor in broadcast mode then start rewinding, fast forwarding past commercials, etc, it gets hosed up even worse.  When will VZ ever move to IP TV?  

If anyone has any other info please post!  With ~5 minutes to reboot the box it's always a rush to fix before Survivor starts!

0 Likes
Bgraves1

Same issue channel 504, very annoying. I tried calling Verizon but couldn’t get to live person. Automated system tried rebooting my system but then said they were having trouble with my reboot and they would transfer me to live person. Almost an hour wait time so I gave up

0 Likes