Re: One Channel Freezing Up
Gweagraff
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just noticed the same thing happened on WMUR HD (509). It must be on the same frequency. 

0 Likes
Scooter31
Enthusiast - Level 2

3 more 504 freeze ups last night.  3 box reboots.

0 Likes
HelplessTV1

Yes, same issue...just concerned with my playing with it too much and messing it up more, and losing Channel #505 TOO!!  Seems to be a rewinding issue, as channel 5 has the same red rewind line going as channel 4---so I'm afraid one of these times, channel 5 will freeze too!!!!!!!!!! AND I am not doing any rewinding or recording!!!

I supposedly have a call back today from Verizon but I don't think the tech will be able to solve this. I think this is much more complicated.  How can we get this ever fixed without losing more services. Already I cannot get other stations that we used to get. (certainly don't want to lose internet too!!!)

0 Likes
lola14

same problem with 504 too. rebooted several times . comes back on for awhile then freezes again . several times a day, very frustrating

0 Likes
lola14

I have the same problem with 504 too . called Verizon several times about this and got same answers and nothing done. what I wound up doing is going to best buy and buying an antenna , hooking it up to tv go into input on tv and change tv from cable to antenna . watch tv from antenna instead of cable . picture comes out good and you get several channels . Antenna not expensive $15 or so

0 Likes
lola14

same problem , I wound up buying an inexpensive hd antenna and hooked it up to tv . went into input on tv and changed tv from cable to antenna . works great for the time being until they fix the problem and you won't have to subscribe to anything else. the antenna brings in quite a few channels , good luck

0 Likes
HelplessTV1

So now channel 507 has the same red line as channel 5 and 4 moving thru it---Oh no.--clearly something going on with the rewinding-----------------and I do not do any rewinding or recording anymore.......

0 Likes
Cloudyplusplus
Enthusiast - Level 3

@HelplessTV1 wrote:

Yes, same issue...just concerned with my playing with it too much and messing it up more, and losing Channel #505 TOO!!  Seems to be a rewinding issue, as channel 5 has the same red rewind line going as channel 4---so I'm afraid one of these times, channel 5 will freeze too!!!!!!!!!! AND I am not doing any rewinding or recording!!!

I supposedly have a call back today from Verizon but I don't think the tech will be able to solve this. I think this is much more complicated.  How can we get this ever fixed without losing more services. Already I cannot get other stations that we used to get. (certainly don't want to lose internet too!!!)

There is no evidence that this particular issue will impact 505 or other channels. It happens on 504 regardless of how one uses the channel (e.g. rewind, record, sitting with idle, watching.)   In fact, I've not been using it at all, yet 504 keeps hanging (I check and reboot a couple times daily.)

Everything else seems pretty solid (except I saw WMUR 509 reported, which might be an anomaly or some other issue, time will tell.) It also shouldn't impact Internet or phone service. Those have been very solid since I updated over a month ago.

It really seems to be isolated to a single channel, in a single market (greater Boston) and though you're correct it's complicated, I can't believe it's not resolvable. VZ and WBZ need to commit to working the problem until resolved and it seems that's what is happening.

Until it's resolved, I'd be comfortable using all other channels normally, as well as the SD channel 4. I've switched my CBS recordings to channel 4 for the time being.

0 Likes
Cloudyplusplus
Enthusiast - Level 3

@HelplessTV1 wrote:

So now channel 507 has the same red line as channel 5 and 4 moving thru it---Oh no.--clearly something going on with the rewinding-----------------and I do not do any rewinding or recording anymore.......

I'm not sure what you're seeing, but this seems to be a different issue to the 504 hang problem. I'd suggest calling VZ about it as you might have equipment issues.

Anyone else have some input?? 

0 Likes
Cloudyplusplus
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Gweagraff wrote:

I just noticed the same thing happened on WMUR HD (509). It must be on the same frequency. 

This could be an anomaly or related to the 504 issue, it's hard to say. 

My recommendation would be to monitor 509 and if it starts happening more frequently, to contact technical support and get a new ticket issued. Maybe the others on this thread could keep an eye on 509 and see if they are seeing the problem. I'll certainly do that.

0 Likes