Re: One Channel Freezing Up
HelplessTV
Enthusiast - Level 1

Nilsa-

Thanks again for your monitoring...So far, I have 504---but concerned this morning that that red rewind line is showing again across the screen.....something else going on???? Hope not.

0 Likes
lola14

Nilsa

It seems the problem is fixed so far . As of yesterday 4/30 late morning my channel 504 hasn't froze . So far so good this morning , still working ok , fingers crossed.. Could someone tell us where the problem was so that if it happens again we'd be able to tell the tech what had happened and how it got fixed . would really appreciate it , instead of rebooting it several times and have it work for 10 minutes or so.

Thank You

0 Likes
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy Friday @lola1,

We apologize for the inconvenience you all have experienced. 

Happy to hear the fixed deployed yesterday is working. The development team stated the problem was the interaction between that particular transport stream and the DVR engine on the VMS4100. This required a code change to no longer be susceptible on the set top.

Stay safe and have a great weekend. 

Nilsa

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
petesza1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Nilsa,

No freeze ups for us last night, Woo Hooooooo!

The real test will be Survivor. 

Thanks too, for the description of the issue.  I'm going to remember that if this issue ever comes back!

Thanks,

Pete

0 Likes
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy Friday @petesza

I'm happy to know it is working!! Yay! 

Have a great weekend and stay safe!

Thanks. 

Nilsa

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
0 Likes
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @HelplessTV

The red line you are seeing is a progress indicator also known as a flipper bar, which is the expected behavior. As time passes, that red line will get longer and longer, until the next show starts. When the next show starts, it will reset back to only a gray line, and extend from there. The flipper bar comes up every time you change channels, however, you have the option to immediately remove it by clicking on the Exit button instead of waiting 8 seconds for it to automatically disappear.

It makes me happy to know the fix is working.

Thank you for your patience. Have a great weekend and stay safe.

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
0 Likes
gba2013
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm still experiencing freeze up on 504.  Anyone else still seeing the issue? 

Not sure if this is related, but the green light on my box has been blinking for days.  Manual says that the light means software download is in progress.  I've rebooted several times a day.  

Thanks. 

0 Likes
seanpb2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine seems to be fixed so far - but it’s only been a couple days - I think I need some more time though.  It’s sometimes gone weeks with no issues then suddenly I find myself resetting stb like 3x a day.  Jury’s our! But so far so good!!!  

0 Likes
Scooter31
Enthusiast - Level 2

No issues since fix was deployed. Others sound good as well. 

0 Likes
seanpb2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think we might be there!!!!  Woooo!!! 

0 Likes