One channel has persistent pixelation and signal loss issues: How do I fix it?
njronbo
Enthusiast - Level 2

For weeks, The Food Network has been pixelating constantly.  On top of that, there are persistent moments of total signal loss.

This doesn't happen on any other channel.  For that reason, I don't believe it is a connection issue.

I haven't called Fios support because I don't use their cable box.  I have a Tivo.  The Tivo has been rebooted in hopes that is the issue -- but it isn't.  The problem still persists.  I just don't want Fios to blame my Tivo as being the culprit.  It really seems like they have an issue with that particular channel.

Your thoughts?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: One channel has persistent pixelation and signal loss issues: How do I fix it?
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Ted5 wrote:

I am having the same issue for the last few months. I had the box replaced twice and it hasn’t fixed the problem.  It is with HD Food Network 664 and HGTV 665.

All other channels are fine.

Tech support states that the set boxes are outdated and if I want to upgrade I have to pay for them!?! If they are outdated they should update free of charge…… I don’t think updating the set top boxes will fix the issue since it’s specific to only 1 or 2 channels.

Has anyone else having these issues?

Please help as I am tired of this, paying for a service and can’t enjoy the shows I want to watch 

Could also be an issue with a bad splitter, or the ONT being outdated or bad. Get a tech out there to check the ONT, or try replacing all the splitters you can find in the system. Also remember the older boxes had slower processors and less RAM then the current Fios One boxes, not that it should give you the problem you are having.

View solution in original post

Re: One channel has persistent pixelation and signal loss issues: How do I fix it?
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I just watched Food Network's "The Pioneer Woman" S29/E14. Now I'm watching "Guy's Chance of a Lifetime" S1/E3.

No pixelation or any issues seen. Checked error logs. Everything is locked on rock solid. 👍

njronbo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Glad to hear you have no pixelation issues.  I suspect this issue is from a local Verizon feed.  I am going to have to end up calling them to find out what is going on.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@NJRonbo wrote:

Glad to hear you have no pixelation issues.  I suspect this issue is from a local Verizon feed.  I am going to have to end up calling them to find out what is going on.

Last time I had that happen it was a bad box. Can you check what frequency the bad channel is on in Main Menu > Settings > System Information, and see if any other channels on that frequency are showing the same problem?

njronbo
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is the problem, and the reason I won't even call Verizon about it is that I know what's coming...

I am using a Tivo and a cable card.

That's going to give Verizon an excuse to blame my equipment or make it difficult to assess the problem.

However...

I have gone through all the channels over the past month since I started seeing this problem and none of them show the pixelations issues that are present on just one channel.  

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@NJRonbo wrote:

This is the problem, and the reason I won't even call Verizon about it is that I know what's coming...

I am using a Tivo and a cable card.

That's going to give Verizon an excuse to blame my equipment or make it difficult to assess the problem.

However...

I have gone through all the channels over the past month since I started seeing this problem and none of them show the pixelations issues that are present on just one channel.  

Any chance you have a bad splitter that is causing the problem? Or could the cable card somehow be corrupted? I assume you checked all the coax connections and wire.

Ted52

I am having the same issue for the last few months. I had the box replaced twice and it hasn’t fixed the problem.  It is with HD Food Network 664 and HGTV 665.

Tech support states that the set boxes are outdated and if I want to upgrade I have to pay for them!?! If they are outdated they should update free of charge…… I don’t think updating the set top boxes will fix the issue since it’s specific to only 1 or 2 channels.

Please help as I am tired of this, paying for a service and can’t enjoy the shows I want to watch 

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Ted5 wrote:

Could also be an issue with a bad splitter, or the ONT being outdated or bad. Get a tech out there to check the ONT, or try replacing all the splitters you can find in the system. Also remember the older boxes had slower processors and less RAM then the current Fios One boxes, not that it should give you the problem you are having.