One DVR won't enable multi room
mhochman

I have two DVRs (7232) and one is set as a multi room DVR.  The other one, when I go to activate it as a multi room in settings, says that I don't have another stb on my account so I can't activate that service.  Haven't tried to troubleshoot yet.  Any thoughts to getting it going before I start playing around?  All of my stb's are running 1.9, though it hasn't officially been rolled out in my area yet.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: One DVR won't enable multi room
prisaz
Legend

@mhochman wrote:

I have two DVRs (7232) and one is set as a multi room DVR.  The other one, when I go to activate it as a multi room in settings, says that I don't have another stb on my account so I can't activate that service.  Haven't tried to troubleshoot yet.  Any thoughts to getting it going before I start playing around?  All of my stb's are running 1.9, though it hasn't officially been rolled out in my area yet.

Multi Room only need be enabled on one DVR for the Account. The Multi Hub feature is what allows the two DVRs to see each others content and play it. The Multi Room allows any other STB to view the content on the DVRs. Now if you have two DVRs, and one or more STBs, when you select the DVR from the menu or DVR button, it should display both DVRs. You can schedule or play recordings from any STB in the house. But the DVR will only schedule a recording on itself, even though it can play the other DVR's content. If you want this changed, vote here.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Record-on-any-DVR-from-any-DVR/idi-p/3810...

You may need to contact tech support, but if 1.9 has not been rolled out in your area yet, you may be running a Cisco box that has it pre loaded. The offical roll out should be soon, so all the features can be enabled on the DVRs and STBs. Tech support may be able to help. Use this link to contact them directly.

http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

View solution in original post

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@mhochman wrote:

Multi Room only need be enabled on one DVR for the Account. The Multi Hub feature is what allows the two DVRs to see each others content and play it. The Multi Room allows any other STB to view the content on the DVRs. Now if you have two DVRs, and one or more STBs, when you select the DVR from the menu or DVR button, it should display both DVRs. You can schedule or play recordings from any STB in the house. But the DVR will only schedule a recording on itself, even though it can play the other DVR's content. If you want this changed, vote here.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Record-on-any-DVR-from-any-DVR/idi-p/3810...

You may need to contact tech support, but if 1.9 has not been rolled out in your area yet, you may be running a Cisco box that has it pre loaded. The offical roll out should be soon, so all the features can be enabled on the DVRs and STBs. Tech support may be able to help. Use this link to contact them directly.

http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

0 Likes
mhochman

Just an update if anyone comes across this thread...I called tech support shortly after posting this question and they told me that even though I had 1.9 on all of the STBs, 1.9 hadn't been rolled out in my area and once it was, everything would work.  I knew from my installer that the roll out date for my area was 1/10.  Sure enough, the first time I went onto that DVR on the 10th, it scrolled through some screens showing new features and allowed me to name this DVR and refresh my DVR list.  Aftter I refreshed that DVR, and the DVR list on every other STB, I can now see both DVRs on TVs.  Everything is working as it should.

0 Likes