Onscreen Caller ID
theralpher
Enthusiast - Level 2

When will the onscreen caller ID be available in the Manassas, Va. area?  I was told back in June 2010 it would be by the end of the year.

0 Likes
Re: Onscreen Caller ID
prisaz
Legend

It should be available now. Have you tried to enable it under the settings menu?

You may also need to subscribe to Verizon Call Assistant.

Links available here.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Caller-ID/idc-p/269245#M3082

theralpher
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply.  I have tried continuously to get it to work but keep getting the message that the feature is not available in my area.  I have tried to get call assistant activated but ran into problems there also.  When I go online to activate it, it says to call the Verizon Business Office.  When I call them, they know nothing about it and tell me to go online.  Just the big run around.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Dont bother callind the business office. They dont know the first thing about it.

Contact tech support. They can escalate it to their Caller ID people to make sure it works for you. It should be working nation wide now.

theralpher
Enthusiast - Level 2

Spent over an hour on the phone being past around to 4 different departments finally to be told that call assistant is not available in my area and without that, onscreen called ID will not work.  They could not tell me when it would be available.

mikeb22026
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to know when caller ID online assist is available in the Montclair, VA neighborhood.  I tooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Spent many on the phone with Verizon centers and they were no help at all.  They just referred me to someone else and then put me on hold for a bit and eventually I gave up.  I tried one more time and someone told me that it is not available. Hmmm Why doesn't that indicate on the TV set when you try to put the caller ID on rather than a notation to call the business office?  Hey Verizon people wake up if you want to keep your established customer base rather them having go to cable.  Am not impressed with your customer call centers.

So who can tell me when the caller online assist feature will be here in the Montciair VA area?

Thanks a bunch!

MikeB

0 Likes