ONT Both connections?
bkmac
I just ordered FiOS internet and TV (no home phone) and have an existing RG6 coax cable run that will work for the ONT to router location. I plan on running a Cat6 Ethernet cable along the run before the Verizon tech shows up. My question is, will the install tech turn on both the coax and the Cat ports in the ONT and hook up both the coax and Cat6 cables I provide if I ask him to? My ordered speed is 100/100 mps. I know the RG6 coax can handle up to 100 mps but would like to use my own router and be wired for faster speeds if I need them in the future. I know there are a few functions I will not have on my cable TV but did not order telephone service. Thanks for any advice.

0 Likes
Re: ONT Both connections?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are using Verizon STBs, you will need Verizon router to support guide and on demand services.

If you are using cable cards, then go ahead and ask tech to provision Internet via Ethernet.

0 Likes
Re: ONT Both connections?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe they usually wire up both for speeds above 75.  Note that for best response you do probably want both the Ethernet and Coax connected to a Verizon router if you are using one.  Essentially Verizon router connected via COAX is required if you have Verizon TV service using Verizon STB or other STB that use MOCA.

0 Likes