out of home viewing still not working

Upgraded to New Fios One. Problems, Problems , Problems from day 1.

They're replaced my ONT to the latest version. Changed my Gateway. The network was having DNS issues until these devices were changed. The out of Home viewing has never worked. I've had online chat's with technical support. Have called customer service. At the end of the contacts, I was assured  out of home viewing would work. It didn't and still hasn't. It's very frustrating when I had multiple sling boxes that I viewed, controlled remotely before but, the new Fios One boxes don't support Slingbox due to having one Out put..  I'd like to give back Fios ONe.....Help!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: out of home viewing still not working
Rednor66

We are having the same issue. Out of home viewing is crap. I have an LG phone and my wife has the new Iphone XR. She can't watch anything we recorded on DVR when out of home. I can get a show to start but it freezes several times during the show. It's horrible. Been in contact with Fios  from about a week in about this issue. 1 month later, still not fixed. Very frustrating. They are saying we can't cancel because we passed the 1 month "worry free" period. But it hasn't been worry free. I am at my end and want nothing to do with FIOS. Also, watching Live tv out of home is just the same, it Freezes and skips. 

0 Likes
Re: out of home viewing still not working
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader
Upgraded to New Fios One. Problems, Problems , Problems from day 1.
They're replaced my ONT to the latest version. Changed my Gateway. The network was having DNS issues until these devices were changed. The out of Home viewing has never worked. I've had online chat's with technical support. Have called customer service. At the end of the contacts, I was assured out of home viewing would work. It didn't and still hasn't. It's very frustrating when I had multiple sling boxes that I viewed, controlled remotely before but, the new Fios One boxes don't support Slingbox due to having one Out put.. I'd like to give back Fios ONe.....Help!!!!!!!!!

How did you have your sling boxes hooked up before Fios One? If you need 2x HDMI, you can just buy a cheap (under $20) 4K HDMI splitter and that will get you the output you need. If composite,  both the main and mini with a dongle have outputs. I know that doesnt help with direct network playback, but you should be able to get sling boxes working again.

0 Likes