Re: Outage in Northern VA ?
CMS51

GRRRR...Too late! Centreville here. I already followed the instructions to reset on the DVR. Now we have the dreaded --.--.-- and went to other boxes to check...followed reset instructions. Now all my set top boxes match.

We were up early...around 4 am. We were flipping channels and all was ok until 6:15 am. Chanel 4 froze. We were able to call and get put on terminal hold with Verizon. Now we have a dial tone but can't call out. We do have cells and called home and got quick busy signal.

Finally found this site and am greatful to all who are posting info. Wish I would have gotten here before we reset 😉 oh well...hope the weather is better than yesterday.

0 Likes
Flynzy

In Gainesville my Verizon house phone cannot make calls but can recieve them. Neither of my AT&T mobile phones are working. DirecTV is working just fine.

0 Likes
wvig75
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sterling, VA. Also out. 

Thanks,

W

0 Likes
PCPilot
Enthusiast - Level 1

The only thing I'm happy about is the fact I'm not the only one in Lake Ridge with the problem.  Fortunately I have the Internet but was hoping to watch some Wimbledon and Tiger.  Hopefully it will be fixed soon.  That was some wind major windstorm last night followed by a massive amount of lightning and thunder.  I'm surprised there's not more damage!

Best regards to all,

Jim

0 Likes
Jollyroger2

Centreville here, same as everyone else.  Internet working, cell phones working but no land lines or TV.   TV just has red screens with "Verizon FIOS TV"  Starting up....One Moment Please on the screen.

No texts or messages from Verizon as to the outage or ETA on repair, etc.   Also to make matters worse the a/c has been down since 4pm yesterday.   Lots of fun.  At least the technician is on his way and could call on the cell phone.

What's odd is that the internet is working but everything else is not.   And everything was working fine last night after the storms went through.

0 Likes
YourTeamSucks
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fios is out here in Fairfax as well. However, when you call customer support, provide the "code", you are then brought to a cue that asks you to take a customer service survey. Really?  You haven't done anything yet! You are then transferred and are informed that there is "no one available to take your call at this time", and promptly disconnected...

Here is what I think about Verizon's Customer Service:  If both of their hands were free, and they had a map with a picture of their body, and on the map their {word filter avoidance} was circled in red and labeled " THIS IS IS YOUR {word filter avoidance}", They still couldn't find their own {word filter avoidance}...

{please keep your posts courteous}

fryerparts
Ashburn, off Belmont Ridge Rd, is out as well. Internet is great, but no FIOS.
0 Likes
msmcmu

WTOP is saying there is a very good chance that we are going to get another round of bad storms later this afternoon/evening...

0 Likes
pfeiffep1

Centreville resident no tv, no dial tone land line, internet OK, cell service OK. Cannot access Verizon telephone support since 08:30 am. Tried tv troubleshooting by rebooting HD DVR and regular set top boxes, neither has resonded. When dialing my home land line from my cell mesg recieved is circuits are busy at this time.  Hopefully VZ will have this fixed sometime today

0 Likes
Knightblaster
Herndon here and opposite problem. Tv works but Internet is down (using cell Internet to post this).
0 Likes