Re: Outage in Northern VA ?
nevetsrd
Internet has been out since 0730 yesterday morning. Waited 26 minutes on hold just to have tech support tell me there's an outage that engineers are working on.
0 Likes
HughB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey Verizon - My neighbors with Comcast aren't having the same storm issues that I am.  And Comcast actually has a working "System Status" webpage.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why you think that giving your customers no status and treating them like mushrooms is a good thing for your bottom line.

Gives me something to think about when my contract is up in 11 months.

0 Likes
johnhorizon

This is an update for anyone in a similar area as mine (Dale City, VA, which would probably include Prince William County on some stretch). Now 26 hours without phone service (landline). TV was restored yesterday, internet never went down. Now upon doing an attempt at accessing the Online Phone Support this morning I discovered a Repair/Support ticket had been opened for me yesterday at 5:49 PM in regards to my phone outage. The estimated time of resolvement is July 3, before 9:00 PM. I did not personally open this ticket, as my only contact with Verizon since all this started was with an online chat represenative, and then supervisor (yesterday at approximately 10:30 AM). I made them aware of my outage, but their response was general and never specific to me. Maybe in the end this trickled down to getting a ticket started, or maybe Verizon is actually now "aware" of how many customers are still suffering outages and are beginning to systematically try and get the issues resolved. We will see.

0 Likes
sdf2000

Well, I was finally able to contact someone on the Verizon Live Chat.  All the info I got was the old "there is an outage in your area and the network team is working on it.  We will fix this issue withing 24 hours."  I then asked if that was a firm and honest time frame and I never received a reply.  However, a trouble ticket was opened on my home phone number with a due date of 3 July.  I'll believe it when I hear a dial tone.  This has been a totally frustrating experience -- no info from Verizon and they couldn't care less about their customers.

0 Likes
sdf2000

Forgot to add to my above posting that I live in Manassas.

0 Likes
fjg
Sterling, VA - update - Called support line from cell since cannot from copper landline. On hold for 30 mins. Nice Indian getleman walked me through his script since the recording still only says Manassass and Arlington have internet issues. I started by saying I am in neither area and just wanted to know if my area is affected. Did all the script actions. Finally I said no more and he called the Network folks who told him there are 5000 people affected and it would be 24-48 hours. So they don't update the message or update their folks on the areas affected. So still no internet and limited calling in and out on copper landlines... I am happy I use OTA for TV...
0 Likes
HughB
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you go to the FIOS Facebook page, you will see lots of posts from frustrated customers with no service.  Verizon's latest tactic is to answer each posting by inviting the customer to message them directly so they can "look into it" and "answer" the concern.  The only problem is they are not replying to the messages.  It's just a scam to get folks to stop publicly complaining about Verizon.

0 Likes
lgr1

An alert in case you haven't checked to see whether you can RECEIVE phone call on your land line..  We live in Reston.  TV was out for several hours on Saturday but returned in early afternoon and we thought everything was okay.  We had no trouble making phone calls.  Then this morning we received an email from someone who had tried to call us and got a message that the call "cannot be completed at this time."  Used a cell phone to call our house phone and discovered that although we can call out, we cannot receive calls.

0 Likes
Robcom99
Enthusiast - Level 2
My battery backup replace battery light is on but its system status light is green. I opened up the customer access portion of the ONT and found that the the power light is off. I am hoping this is because the Fios network is down but that doesn't make much sense. I would think the box could have power even if the system is down. Anyone else checked the ONT?
0 Likes
rschettini

I second your suggestion.  Verizon should have a web page listing known problem, and their phone support should also being with a statement about known problems so you don't have to wait to talk to someone just to find out you did not need to wait!

My FIOS phone service is not working in Centreville, VA.  I have a dial tone, but cannot make or receive calls.

0 Likes