Output from QIP 6416-2
JMoreTea
Frustrating...  We have always had to use an RF modulator between our QIP 6416-2 and our TV, but having just purchased a Philips 32PFL3504D HDTV, I wanted to try using component out; no luck.

I have looked at the wiring diagrams online time and time again. It looks like I should just be able to go straight from component video/audio out to the TV; on the TV itself, I have tried software settings for both antenna and cable input, but the channel scan can detect nothing.

I hate having to use the RF modulator and being stuck in standard def! Any suggestions? Maybe I need to drop some coin on a HDMI cable... but since we were never able to get signal any other way (for example, by S-Video) before, maybe we just have a bad STB?

Will be happy to provide more details if necessary... TIA for your suggestions!
0 Likes
Re: Output from QIP 6416-2
prisaz
Legend

@JMoreTea wrote:
Frustrating...  We have always had to use an RF modulator between our QIP 6416-2 and our TV, but having just purchased a Philips 32PFL3504D HDTV, I wanted to try using component out; no luck.

I have looked at the wiring diagrams online time and time again. It looks like I should just be able to go straight from component video/audio out to the TV; on the TV itself, I have tried software settings for both antenna and cable input, but the channel scan can detect nothing.

I hate having to use the RF modulator and being stuck in standard def! Any suggestions? Maybe I need to drop some coin on a HDMI cable... but since we were never able to get signal any other way (for example, by S-Video) before, maybe we just have a bad STB?

Will be happy to provide more details if necessary... TIA for your suggestions!

Connecting the component cables to your TV should work just fine. Depending on your TV, some do not accept 480i and will give you a blank screen. Check what formats your TV accepts and with it working on the modulator you can switch the output to a format your TV supports. Also the channel scan will do nothing for finding the Component Video inputs of your new tv. Check the TV instructions on how to set up inputs and switch between them.

I hope the helps.

0 Likes
Re: Output from QIP 6416-2
JMoreTea

I went ahead and got the HDMI cable; all is well now. Smiley Happy

0 Likes