Re: PA / NY MISSING CHANNELS / NOT SUBSCRIBED
bd177q
Enthusiast - Level 2

I downloaded the inhome agent and the reset didn't work but the live chat through the program did ,for what it's worth:

Chat Subject:FiOS Television (Other)
Your Question:need cablecard in my tivo reset:

A Verizon Service Representative will be with you shortly. Thank you.
22:59:33 Estimated wait time is 21 mins 20 secs. We apologize for the delay. You are next in the queue. A representative will be with you shortly.

Agent Phil has joined. (22:59:38)
Phil : Chat ID for this session is xxxxxxxxxx. (22:59:38)
Phil(22:59:43): Thank you for using Live Chat technical support, my name is Phil. I apologize for any delays in reaching an agent.

In order to pull up your account and for account verification purposes, Can I get you to confirm your complete physical address (including city and state), contact number, an email address to send you trouble shooting references, and the first and last name of the account holder please?
Phil(23:01:02): Thank you for that information. Give me a moment. I'll reset it for you
Phil(23:03:08): Sorry for the delay, its still resetting
me(23:03:25): no problem
Phil(23:06:56): Can you reboot the tivo
Phil(23:07:01): and then test it now
me(23:07:16): Yes I'll do it now
me(23:08:28): rebooting, it will take about 4 minutes.
Phil(23:09:08): No problem I will wait
me(23:14:10): Still says channel not authorized on encrypted channels.
Phil(23:14:20): darn
Phil(23:14:25): one moment let me try one more time
Phil(23:14:50): I just did the same thing to another customer and it worked
Phil(23:15:05): The server may just be slowling down
Phil(23:15:10): Give me a couple more minutes
me(23:15:47): Yes, I read on the forums where it might take multiple attempts
Phil(23:16:12): Its not that it needs multiple attempts... but that the server needs to catch up with all the requests going through it
Phil(23:16:27): In addition, I think they are about to start a global reset
me(23:17:14): I read in the paper where it was supposed to be at 9PM, 2 hrs ago 🙂
Phil(23:17:29): Yes for parts on NY
Phil(23:17:34): There are the central offices in NY
Phil(23:17:39): 1 million customers
Phil(23:17:49): So its gonna take some time
me(23:20:24): Just came on!!!
Phil(23:20:49): Awesome
Phil(23:20:54): Are there any other questions that I can help you with from Technical Support?
me(23:21:27): nope that should do it. Thanks alot!
Phil(23:21:32): Thank you for contacting FIOS technical support. Our goal is for you to be completely satisfied with the service you have received. There will be a survey once you close this chat, I hope that you can rate me a 10.
me(23:21:53): will do
Your session is now closed.
Thank you, have a nice day.

0 Likes
LeeJr1

They suggest going to another provider if you want to get what you're paying for.

0 Likes
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you all for your continued patience. We know this has been a frustrating experience for you. We are continuing to work to get service back up and working to all of our customers. Using the auto-correct feature is working for many of you to resolve this issue; please use this tool and wait for the command to go through. If this is not working please let us know and we will gather your information to assist you.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Please let us know if you are still having trouble. We are here to assist.

Also,

The steps provided may take at least an hour to complete. Remember, if you are still having trouble please let us know.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
sawyer12054

well it still doesnt work...I've tried every **bleep** suggestion from everyone. Good luck trying to call the techs....I have not gottne through..

Its been since friday and its tuesday now...who works for verizon? I mean that literally. In this day and age verizon can't get this fixed in 4  days?

So much happier when I didn't have cable....I would have more patience if there was communication somewhere...somehow...

0 Likes
sawyer12054

Shamika....tell us how you are going to help?  really?

0 Likes
sbubbb

I am still out.  Are they going to universally fix this thing? 

I haven't tried the fixes because I've been too busy, and was hoping this would get universally fixed, and I didn't need the frustrations others are having.

How do you even do a chat support here?

0 Likes
sbubbb

I found chat support and they fixed my problem.  He had to do a special signal to my boxes because the universal fix didn't work for me and some other people.

0 Likes