Pandora app on Quantum
obeythelaw2013
Enthusiast - Level 2
Any idea if we will ever get the Pandora App widget back on the Quantum boxes?
Re: Pandora app on Quantum
Jerry_Kurtz
Enthusiast - Level 2

@obeythelaw2013 wrote:
Any idea if we will ever get the Pandora App widget back on the Quantum boxes?

I would love to have the Pandora Radio app on my Verizon FiOS Boxes, I even have an active account with Pandora.

0 Likes
ggma11261
Contributor - Level 3

heard on another forum we might be getting it sometime in April

0 Likes
hermdiggle

April of what year? lol

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I hope never.

Widgets take programming resources away from other updates to Quantum (may not be the same people but does take money).

How many people really need it on their STBs vs smart tvs, phones, tablets, etc?

I could see if it is a video streaming as that wuld make senese for TV, but audio?

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I hadn't given a Pandora app on our STB any thought until reading this thread, but now I think such an app would get used in our house.

My wife is a frequent Pandora listener using her smartphone and tablet.  We have our main STB configured to feed our stereo system and if the Mrs. could listen to Pandora though our pretty-decent hifi setup, I think she would.

0 Likes
jjd6
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also extremely disappointed in Widget options on Quantum.  Huge step backward for my household.  On the other hand, the gap has escalated my interest in getting off of a "cable" related service.  This has foced me to do additional research and I have found out that there are lots of other ways to get content for a whole lot less money.  For that I thank you Verizon.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Was announced that it will not be coming to Quantum.

A number of widgets are being removed this week.
Reason cited was that people can get the same info so many other places (Smart TVs, phones, tablets, computers).

Yes I know not everyone has them, but that number is decreasing.

0 Likes