Pause Time on Live and Recorded TV
ted809

Can  anyone please tell me how long the pause live tv and the pause VOD times are? No one at Verizon support seems to know this answer and I have been told to contact Motorola for the answer.

If I was a car mechanic and someone asked me which way the tires rolled I wouldn't tell them to call Goodyear. Why doesn't anyone know this answer?

0 Likes
Re: Pause Time on Live and Recorded TV
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Verizon originally told us the pause on live TV was 1 hour, but I've seen many posts where people have said it only lasts 20 minutes, so there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer. I don't know about VOD.
0 Likes
ted809
Thanks for the quick reply. I can tell you that 2 installers and 4 tech support people, including a supervisor, do not know the answer to this question. I would think this is pretty important. I do not think it is more than 15 minutes, which to that i was told, "just record the program". That's great but 1) That should not be the fix, and 2) find the answer, and 3) expand the pause time so that it works like DTV. They really had that mastered and FIOS comes up way short.
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
ok Paused Live TV from 12:29 am - 12:49 am  roughly 20 min
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

If I remember correctly DTV only held 30 minutes in their buffer. Don't remember if it would return to live TV at that point, or just drop the beginning of the buffer storage. Would be a nice feature for FIOS if it did work that way. Techman28 found the answer and it was not that difficult to time it out with a watch. I for one have paused something and had the TV restart before I was ready to go back and view it. Never know how long that call will take. Or pause the program to answer a posting only to have the program restart. These forums are a good place to find answers and get help. It may be that the people asked never actually looked into it, or had not been asked.Smiley Happy

Message Edited by prisaz on 05-24-2009 09:37 AM
0 Likes