Paused TV program won't resume play
RonPerlmansJaw
Since the recent Fios TV update I've noticed an issue with pausing and restarting a show. While watching a program that is simultaneously being recorded, if you pause the show it will not resume when you press play. It also will not fast forward or rewind. The only way to get it to resume playing is to change the channel. Otherwise I have to go into the DVR recordings and select the program that I was watching and fast forward to the spot where I paused the live TV.

For those that want to know why I'm watching a program live that is recording at the same time, I do that because sometimes my wife is not around to watch the show with me and she'll catch it the next day on the DVR while I'm at work.
0 Likes
Re: Paused TV program won't resume play
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

This is not normal operation for the new update. Please reboot your box by unplugging its power cord for 30 seconds then plugging back in. If this does not correct your issue, please send me a private message.

Deanjones53
This has happened to me now twice while watching important programs. I think we deserve some credits- we paused the TV for a reason!
0 Likes
planofiosuser
Enthusiast - Level 3
We've had the same issue. We have unplugged the DVR and reset it but that didn't fix the issue. We would really appreciate a solution to this.

Also we are experiencing a lot of pixelization since the update. It is happening on almost every show. Does anyone else notice this?
0 Likes
Bpicker1

We got all the same problems that with the money we pay, ut should work!!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over ten years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes