Pausing 2 channels
BGR1

I used to be able to pause one channel, switch to another channel and watch, then pause that channel, and switch back to the first paused channel, and pick up where I left off. Basically, watching 2 channels at the same time, pausing one during commercials, and switching to the other. I cannot do this now. What happened?

0 Likes
Re: Pausing 2 channels
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model STB do you have?

If VMS, are you trying to do from VMS or IPC?

How many IPCs do you have?

Or how many recordings going on while doing this?

0 Likes
BGR1

According to the System Information screen the STB Model is IPC1102P2 if that helps.

That is a Client box. There has been no hardware changes in years.

Hope that helps as I don't know what the other stuff is you're asking for.

0 Likes
BGR1

Ok, this morning when I turned on the tv, I selected a channel from the tv guide menu, watched it for about 20 minutes, paused it, went to tv guide menu and selected another channel and watched it for about 5 minutes, then using the last button went back to the first paused channel and it was still paused and I was able to pick up watching where I left off. Great!, that's exactly how it worked before. BUT THEN, when I went back to the first paused channel by hitting the last button, I decided that I wanted to watch something else on the second paused channel (while keeping the first), so I paused again, went to the tv guide and selected a new channel, watched for a minute, then paused, went back to the first channel and I lost the paused back log and it was not paused, switched to the second channel and it was not paused either ... whew!

So it does work, just not all the time! What is the correct procedure, or criteria for this to work? I know it does, but I'm unable to replicate it. Is anyone else able to do this, and how? Please respond.

0 Likes