Persistent error message when trying to load a VOD show
Major160

For the past few weeks, I keep getting an error message whenever I try to watch anything on VOD. The message says try again later but after repeated attempts it ususally doesn't work. Although, on one or two occasions I finally got the program to load and play.  I've called the technical assitance number and after about 20 minutes answering questions to a machine I finally gor a human on the phone who had me reset the STB and then said it was a technical error on their side and nothing they could do and no ETA on when it would be fixed. This seems to happen a lot on weekend nights so I dont know if its a capacity issue but it's very fustrating especially when I'm paying for premium channels but can only watch them in real time.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Any advice?

0 Likes
Re: Persistent error message when trying to load a VOD show
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@Major160 wrote:

For the past few weeks, I keep getting an error message whenever I try to watch anything on VOD. The message says try again later but after repeated attempts it ususally doesn't work. Although, on one or two occasions I finally got the program to load and play.  I've called the technical assitance number and after about 20 minutes answering questions to a machine I finally gor a human on the phone who had me reset the STB and then said it was a technical error on their side and nothing they could do and no ETA on when it would be fixed. This seems to happen a lot on weekend nights so I dont know if its a capacity issue but it's very fustrating especially when I'm paying for premium channels but can only watch them in real time.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Any advice?

Hello,

Follow-up questions:

Is the VOD error message usually showing just on one set top box or all set top boxes in your household?

If it's happening to all STBs, then either there is a temporary network outage in your area or you lost connectivity to the router.

If it's always the same set top box that has the VOD error message, what model STB is it?

When this happens again you can try:

If all else fails and you still have the VOD message, you can try contacting Verizon's Technical Support via livechat at www.verizon.com/contactus or by calling 1-888-553-1555.

By the way, you can also download and stream Flex View videos on demand via your computer online or your mobile device. You can start watching the movie on your computer and then resume later or play from start (within 48 hours of renting the movie) on the TV.   This is for those pesky times (*sigh* unavoidable) when VOD does not work on the TV and you really want to watch that movie.

For more information about Flex View, you can go to: https://www22.verizon.com/OnDemand/unprotected/ondemandhome.aspx

or www.verizon.com/flexview

Hope this helps!

0 Likes